TV Home Forum

Now Mastermind needs a new presenter

John Humphrys is off after 18 years (February 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
iloveTV1
Rylan Clark-Neal.
SJ
sjames
If we're going the newsreader/journalist type route, how about someone like Michael Buerk or John Suchet?
JO
Jonwo
I think realistically we probably have a presenter who is closer to the 40-60 age bracket rather than anyone who is closer to John Humphrys' age
JO
Jonwo
The Telegraph seems to think that Samira Ahmed might be the new presenter, the article is paywalled so not sure who the other contenders might be.
GB
Gary Baldy
Jonwo posted:
The Telegraph seems to think that Samira Ahmed might be the new presenter, the article is paywalled so not sure who the other contenders might be.

Oh god, I hope not. Can't stand Ahmed.
SO
Soupnzi
I presume they’ll just go with whoever’s in favour currently regardless of their suitability. So Tina Daheley or Amol Rajan or just someone quite generic like Sophie Raworth.

As I was saying...
BR
Brekkie
Jonwo posted:

Well it's not going to be a cost saving appointment then. And that's before we get to the spinning chair.

Back to Huw Edwards and has he ever done a quiz show. Most newsreaders seem to do one at some point, but can't recall anything with him.
JE
Jenny Founding member
Back to Huw Edwards and has he ever done a quiz show.

Only a Radio 4 panel game back in the 90s.

42 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Clive Myrie .....

AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Clive Myrie .....

I think he'll do an excellent job.
Definitely a worthy successor.
Last edited by Alfie Mulcahy on 22 March 2021 1:25pm
AJ
AJB39
I like Clive Myrie. I think he does have the right mixture of wit and intelligence for the role. I think he’ll do a great job.
RD
RDJ
Surprising choice. But a good choice nonetheless. I could see him doing well at the stern but friendly approach that’s required.

Newer posts