TV Home Forum

German Television and Presentation

Discussion relating to TV in Germany (August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TW
twolf
RTL using an 'in programme' way of advertising their new Late Night Talkshow, "TFG" which began last week.

During their version of "I'm a Celebrity" (Ich bin ein Star!), presenter Jens „Knossi“ Knossalla walks into shot, pauses the show, tells you to stay tuned as his new show is on next, and then unpauses the show before leaving.

WH
what
I think a couple of American cable networks have tried this stunt before. It's incredibly tacky.
TVMan, Hadrien and Kunst gave kudos
JA
Jamesypoo
Wow, and to think a small cartoon Graham Norton caused uproar here a few years ago.

TVVT, Hadrien and what gave kudos
GO
gottago
twolf posted:
RTL using an 'in programme' way of advertising their new Late Night Talkshow, "TFG" which began last week.

During their version of "I'm a Celebrity" (Ich bin ein Star!), presenter Jens „Knossi“ Knossalla walks into shot, pauses the show, tells you to stay tuned as his new show is on next, and then unpauses the show before leaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18sg1QMFXUE

Wow. Dreadful.

Proves the DOG in the corner wrong!
TW
twolf
Is the entirety of the UK version done live? I've not watched it for years since Wayne Sleep was on it Very Happy

In the German one currently, the links and discussion etc is live, but the Jungle Trial has been recorded earlier in the day. I'm not sure how the UK one works.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
I take it that's some kind of clip show for Ich bin ein Star! I presume their series which is normally aired in January didn't go ahead and they didn't opt to do a local version?
PF
PFML84
Let's hope that style of presentation doesn't catch on over here! Dreadful indeed.
BR
Brekkie
I take it that's some kind of clip show for Ich bin ein Star! I presume their series which is normally aired in January didn't go ahead and they didn't opt to do a local version?

Last I read (a couple months back now) they were doing a studio based show in Germany in which celebrities would basically do "trials" to effectively audition for the next series.
TW
twolf

Last I read (a couple months back now) they were doing a studio based show in Germany in which celebrities would basically do "trials" to effectively audition for the next series.

Yes, you're correct. What you see above is this years pared down version of the show which is set in a studio. Teams of 3 celebrities at a time lived in a 'tiny house' in a studio for a few days at a time. The winners of each team then came back at the end of the series to face off against each other. The production value was pretty good - they even flew over 'Dr Bob' to Germany so he could be there in the studio!
SE
Square Eyes Founding member

Here's the 'tiny house' looks kind of comfortable for this show. Just a bit claustrophobic.
JF
JetixFann450
twolf posted:

Nickelodeon US is very infamous for this, where they'd end up interrupting their on-going show to put some absurd clip on screen with the episode playing back already in progress. At least in the UK, these interruptions are just things on the bottom of the screen and don't ruin the actual progress of the show.

DB
dbl
twolf posted:

Dave did this with the Ultimate Worrier with Jon Richardson promo

Newer posts