TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FL
Flux
Flux posted:
I'm beginning to think Sheridan Smith for Sausage.

I’ve seen a lot of people say this, but it really sounds nothing like her. She can sing and perform and I love watching her, but Sausage’s vocals are really in a different league to Sheridan’s.

It sounds exactly like her!

It really doesn’t. Do yourself a favour and watch some videos of Sheridan Smith performing live. I’ve seen her in person many times in the West End as well as on TV, and whilst I think she’s great - engaging, emotive, talented - she doesn’t have the technique or range which Sausage has. Sausage is a singer. Sheridan is an actress who can sing. There’s a distinctive difference in technique and delivery.

Of all the guesses I’ve seen, the most likely IMO is Joss Stone.
Soupnzi, AcerBen and Jonwo gave kudos
TV
iloveTV1
I love that there's still speculation on who the characters might be, we're now near the semi final and still, nobody really knows for sure.
Apart from the one that went on Saturday...

This time last year, you could suss out a couple of them, or even a few and you would have at least got pretty close, especially with the power of social media.

This year, it's been completely different, even people on social media, and on here I must add don't truly know, word for word who the characters are and I absolutely love that.

I'm pretty sure on Robin, I think it's

Aston Merrygold

I have some sort of idea on the others, but nothing as certain as this.
JO
Jonwo
Flux posted:

It really doesn’t. Do yourself a favour and watch some videos of Sheridan Smith performing live. I’ve seen her in person many times in the West End as well as on TV, and whilst I think she’s great - engaging, emotive, talented - she doesn’t have the technique or range which Sausage has. Sausage is a singer. Sheridan is an actress who can sing. There’s a distinctive difference in technique and delivery.

Of all the guesses I’ve seen, the most likely IMO is Joss Stone.

It's the same with Stacey Solomon, she can sing but it's not the same sort of voice and the only one who matches Sausage's vocals is Joss Stone.
NE
News96
And talking of Loose Women, they are cold freezing in their guess for Harlequin!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a35380626/loose-women-charlene-white-masked-singer-harlequin-rumours/
TR
Truthfinder
SAUSAGE- CLAIRE SWEENEY.

CLUES: SEASIDE FUN FAIR- SCARBOROUGH (she stared in this programme)
Billies burger van- Brookside's Billy Corkhills Burger van( She was lindsay corkhill).
Musicals mask; Starred in legally blond
DIY: 60 minute makeover.
Pink suitcase; Candy cabs
I will survive song relates to i'm a celebrity in a jungle and Big Brother contestant.

HARLEQUIN: EMLIE SANDE.

CLUES: "BODYGUARD" refers to her revealing lingerie Bra she wore at a diversity event.
Reach out for fan refers to her reaching out to fans over fake ticket scam.
"Clown" refers to one of her songs
"Diamonds" song refers to Diamond rings song.
Not a patch on a prince refers to her getting a MBE at the palace. (MBE Medal)
She done a song called "Patchwork".
She has won many trophies and accolades for her Music.
Best Song Lyrics etc.......
FA
fanoftv
I don’t know if any body has thought of the following for Badger:
discussing them my partner and I were struggling with Badger so closed our eyes and listened before shouting the name WILL YOUNG! Now I can’t Unhear him

Our other guesses:

Sausage: Sheridan Smith,
Dragon: Sue Perkins, I heard it this weekend and can’t unhear her either, seems some others agree on here
Robin: Aston Merrigold (though his voice was a little different this week
Harlequin: Gabrielle
Last edited by fanoftv on 2 February 2021 6:33pm
JO
Jon
Badger did sing a Kelly Clarkson song who was the first winner of American Idol, with Will being the first winner of Pop Idol it might not be a bad shout. Not sure some of the clues match though.
AB
AcerBen
It's Ne-Yo. There was that big clue about a "thank you" from a Barbra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qkZiooxy2Q
TJ
TJohn
I had a strong feeling about Harlequin, my guess was confirmed in the "extra clue" clip last episode. it showed her trying to reach for a handkerchief she dropped on the floor.
so who had a major hit with "Out of reach"?? Very Happy

As for Dragon, the clues lead me to one of last years strictly contestants
"Drag"-on
The rainbow flag colours on her front
legitimate American accent
She is / was a performer / singer and Dragon has a fairly decent voice with deep tones.

Badger, my guess is a former radio 1 breakfast show host, who also sang in an ITV singing talent show, he also sang in at least one west end show I know of.

I am a bit confused about Sausage, I agree with others that Sheridan Smith comes to mind but I heard her sing at the weekend and she's not quite strong enough
HC
Hatton Cross
TJohn posted:

Badger, my guess is a former radio 1 breakfast show host, who also sang in an ITV singing talent show, he also sang in at least one west end show I know of.

Shocked There have been some fairly outlandish guesses on this one, but Chris Moyles as Badger is quite spectacular.
None of the clues fit (unless you have a crowbar and a sledgehammer) and listening to the two previous performances via the shows YT account - absolutely not.

Although when I saw the characters for this series last year in the pre show publicity, before the competition first aired, I did think that Sausage could be him, as it's the sort of 'off beam' costume and disguise he would probably have gone for.
NE
News96
Seems there will be a handover of winners as Nicola Roberts who won last's year's series as Queen Bee will be guesting on the Panel during the final on February 13th-Also Matt Lucas will be guesting on the panel on Saturday.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/tv/masked-singer-uk-queen-bee-19760077
JL
JamesLaverty1925
TJohn posted:

Shocked There have been some fairly outlandish guesses on this one, but Chris Moyles as Badger is quite spectacular.
None of the clues fit (unless you have a crowbar and a sledgehammer) and listening to the two previous performances via the shows YT account - absolutely not.

Seems there will be a handover of winners as Nicola Roberts who won last's year's series as Queen Bee will be guesting on the Panel during the final on February 13th-Also Matt Lucas will be guesting on the panel on Saturday.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/tv/masked-singer-uk-queen-bee-19760077

100% certain it isn't Moyles, but if it is, his history with Nicola Roberts could potentially make for some explosive TV

Newer posts