TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

SO
Soupnzi London London
Not a viewer of this show but see bits and pieces on YouTube. The most recent sausage performance had echoes of 👇 in my opinion.

Did fleetingly cross my mind last night, but I’d say extremely unlikely as she’s of a much, much lower calibre compared to the unmasked singers so far.
TR
Truthfinder
I was surprised about the curve ball of drums and the fast forward theme tune for Bush baby( John Thomson), i thought i had Stephen Mulhern in the bag with the clues given. But I still stand by Dragon - John Barrowman. (100% Now)
Badger- Craig Charles (100% Now)
Blob- Lenny Henry (100% Now).
Sausage- Sheridan Smith - (80% Now).
Viking- Morten Harket (100% Now) Double bluff with A-ha's "Take on me" song.
Harlequin after tonights clues and past episodes clues could possibly relate to Emilie Sande???

. Black and white refers to one of her album cover pictures. The news paper reference relates to her song "Read all about it". She also did a song called "Clown". She received a MBE from Prince Charles.( Prince clue). So i am about 70% it could be her.
Last edited by Truthfinder on 1 February 2021 3:27pm - 2 times in total
NE
News96 Look North (Yorkshire)
I 100% think that Harlequin is Gabrielle-the voice gives it away somewhat.
Hatton Cross, Jonwo and AcerBen gave kudos
AB
AcerBen Granada North West Today
It's amazing really that the show still works this many weeks on - you'd think everyone would have them all or nearly all worked out by now - but this thread proves otherwise. Laughing
NE
News96 Look North (Yorkshire)
And yes i also think Blob is Lenny Henry and that the Matt Lucas reference is a red herring, Lenny Henry was a headteacher in a tv show And Schools are also connected because of fund raising for Comic Relief.
JO
Jonwo
Lenny Henry’s done many pop parodies over the years as well so it’s no surprise that his singing voice was recognised so quickly.
AN
all new Phil Recently warned Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I think Badger could be Kevin Clifton off Strictly maybe. Saw him in Rock of Ages back when theatre was a thing and he has a great voice.
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today
It's amazing really that the show still works this many weeks on - you'd think everyone would have them all or nearly all worked out by now - but this thread proves otherwise. Laughing

You hope they have learnt from series 1 where by you'd be more surprised if it wasn't the person you thought it was in the final three from several weeks out, such were the obviousness of some of the clues.
Readers are warned that this post contains some flash photography
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)

Yeah, everyone seemed convinced that Bush Baby was Stephen Mulhern.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I 100% think that Harlequin is Gabrielle-the voice gives it away somewhat.

The fact she sang Fast Car was a major giveaway- originally that was the backing track of Dreams before she had to change it for legal reasons.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Jonwo posted:
Lenny Henry’s done many pop parodies over the years as well so it’s no surprise that his singing voice was recognised so quickly.

His singing voice sounds exactly the same as his speaking voice!

He does seem to do a good job of disguising his voice when he's talking though. Just not when he sings.

I remember reading a comment on the Thriller parody he did in the 80s, where they said Michael Jackson's video must have cost a fortune, but Lenny Henry's looked virtually the same but most have cost next to nothing- makes you wonder where all the money goes on some of these big budget music videos sometimes when you can recreate them faithfully on a BBC comedy budget. Co-incidentallythey were both born on the same day- August 29th 1958!
Last edited by james-2001 on 25 January 2021 9:23pm
JO
Jonwo
If this doesn't prove that Blob is Lenny Henry, nothing will!

Newer posts