TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Not a viewer of this show but see bits and pieces on YouTube. The most recent sausage performance had echoes of 👇 in my opinion.

GO
gottago
Yeh seems it's a double bluff Morten Harket singing his own song. Surprising to me his name has never even been mentioned by the panel, probably another edit.

Thought John Thomson played the game brilliantly with the Aussie accent and changing the singing style.

I’d say the vast majority of viewers, me included, would have no idea who Morten Harket is.

The drum kit for Dragon... could it be Owain off the weather?

Love the idea that viewers will be clueless as to who someone who's sold millions of records worldwide is but they will know a regional weatherman who very briefly went viral! Very Happy
JA
james-2001
It's like on the other place, people claiming they don't know who some of the revealed celebrities are, but suggesting Courtney Act (who I admit I'd never even heard of until she was suggested as one of last year's singers) both this year and last. Becuase BBC regional weather presenters and reality show contestants are on the same level as the contestants we've had revealed so far, on both series.
Last edited by james-2001 on 24 January 2021 2:07pm
IT
itvblocks
It's like on the other place, people claiming they don't know who some of the revealed celebrities are, but suggesting Courtney Act (who I admit I'd never even heard of until she was suggested as one of last year's singers) both this year and last. Becuase BBC regional weather presenters and reality show contestants are on the same level as the contestants we've had revealed so far, on both series.

But last year, BM11 insisted for weeks that him or his family didn't know who any of the unmasked celebrities were.
james-2001 and JamesLaverty1925 gave kudos
JA
james-2001

But last year, BM11 insisted for weeks that him or his family didn't know who any of the unmasked celebrities were.

And the one he insisted for weeks his parents wouldn't know, they did.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
If blob isn't Lenny Henry, I'll eat my hat. Him singing a song about hotels just removed any remaining doubt there might have been.

Finally worked out the school references. He was the Head teacher of a private school in the TV series 'Hope and Glory'.

The identity of Bush Baby was certainly a surprise when catching up on it this morning (before reading this thread). I had assumed the clues relating to magic meant it was likely to be a comedy magician.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member

Yes, the celeb reveals have all been really mainstream so far this series. And not typically the types to do reality / talent shows. The casting is pretty good for this show.
JO
Jonwo
The Masked Singer is recorded over a week or two so it’s a small commitment for bigger names compared to something like Dancing on Ice or Strictly
GO
gottago
Jonwo posted:
The Masked Singer is recorded over a week or two so it’s a small commitment for bigger names compared to something like Dancing on Ice or Strictly

Ah is it really? That makes sense. I couldn't figure out what the studio schedule would be like but actually I guess with so little in the way of choreography for the celebs it makes sense that the studio records would be done in a short space of time. It's only really the songs that they have to learn and not much else I suppose.
TV
iloveTV1
The original plan was to strip the first series but they changed to air it weekly.
SC
Score
Jonwo posted:

Ah is it really? That makes sense. I couldn't figure out what the studio schedule would be like but actually I guess with so little in the way of choreography for the celebs it makes sense that the studio records would be done in a short space of time. It's only really the songs that they have to learn and not much else I suppose.

Yeah, I believe both series have been four episodes per week over two weeks, recorded in the second half of September.

I think the first series was Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri both weeks, with Jonathan Ross filming his chat show on the Wednesdays. Not sure if series 2 had the exact same pattern of days but it was definitely still four per week over a fortnight.
:-(
A former member
Yeh seems it's a double bluff Morten Harket singing his own song. Surprising to me his name has never even been mentioned by the panel, probably another edit.

Thought John Thomson played the game brilliantly with the Aussie accent and changing the singing style.

I’d say the vast majority of viewers, me included, would have no idea who Morten Harket is.

The drum kit for Dragon... could it be Owain off the weather?

Love the idea that viewers will be clueless as to who someone who's sold millions of records worldwide is but they will know a regional weatherman who very briefly went viral! Very Happy

I mean he was famous enough for The Wheel...

Newer posts