TV Home Forum

TV Breakdown Appreciation Thread

We'll return as soon as possible.

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MP
MagicPaddy
There's just been a technical problem on the Channel 4 Weather, the weatherman didn't appear.
DV
dvboy
There's just been a technical problem on the Channel 4 Weather, the weatherman didn't appear.

I don't think there is always a weather presenter on Channel 4. Quite often after a short bulletin on a weekend it's read by the news presenter. In this case Matt Frei didn't have a script for the forecast and then struggled to get through it.
Roger Darthwell and DE88 gave kudos
HC
Hatton Cross
I happened to be watching that. It was glorious fun. Weekend forecasts do not have a dedicated Forecaster, and it's the News presenter who reads the forecast out.

Seemed like it didn't appear on Matt's autocue, and not on his back up papers either, so sounded like someone in the gallery was reading it for him to repeat, down his talkback earpiece.

9 days later

RO
robertclark125
Few days ago, during the PDC darts on Sky, we went to an ad break. The titles froze on Sky Sports darts, but on Sky Sports main event, the channel was on an ad break, wheras on SS darts, the channel, for the whole ad break was stuck on the titles, which were frozen.

With regards to the weather on C4, I remember when the duty announcer done the weather, which was all the time!
itvblocks and Roger Darthwell gave kudos

17 days later

RS
RSTV
Quest has gone down on sky can someone explain it please
CH
channel4squares1
RSTV posted:
Quest has gone down on sky can someone explain it please

No problems on my Virgin V6 box
RS
RSTV
It seemed like it was an issue with my sky box all channels were down on my sky box
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
RSTV posted:
It seemed like it was an issue with my sky box all channels were down on my sky box

So that's actually an RSTV (Sky Box) breakdown, not a TV Breakdown Very Happy

(I'll get my coat)
IS
Inspector Sands
RSTV posted:

So instead of just trying another channels, your first port of call was to ask here? Rolling Eyes
fusionlad, Bennyboy1984 and itvblocks gave kudos
IT
itvblocks
ITV1 lose pictures during Quizmania. (may contain some flashing images)

(Edit: Then, when Quizmania does come back and the caller gets one of the questions correct, the presenter is cut off mid sentence!)

Last edited by itvblocks on 24 January 2021 9:53pm - 2 times in total
DE88, Larry the Loafer and Ghost gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Power cut doesn't take WVTA off the air, but knocks enough out to cause ongoing issues, including setting the fire alarm off:

Lightning strikes Fox Wilmington:

Meanwhile over here a Channel 4 advert break fails to go ahead, and then when it does, the advert rewinds itself on air!
BE
Bennyboy1984
ITV1 lose pictures during Quizmania. (may contain some flashing images)

(Edit: Then, when Quizmania does come back and the caller gets one of the questions correct, the presenter is cut off mid sentence!)

I wonder if that was automated or if somebody said “Okay it’s time to finish now” and cut the feed.

Newer posts