The Newsroom

Larry King has died

“The King is Dead”

SL
Shaun Linden Recently warned Central Reporting Scotland
The Smerconish hour stuck to a pre-planned agenda, so it's good to see Wolf Blitzer brought in now to give Larry's passing the coverage it deserves.

The right thing to do as it gave time to get Wolf in to do this tribute.
NE
Newsroom
CNN will broadcast a remembrance special for Larry King at 9pm ET (0200 GMT)

That's good to know, are there any further details? Is it taped or live?
CF
CallumF Central Reporting Scotland
The Smerconish hour stuck to a pre-planned agenda, so it's good to see Wolf Blitzer brought in now to give Larry's passing the coverage it deserves.

The Smerconish programme today of all days showed how terribly produced it is as well as how poor a host Michael Smerconish is - he's definitely more suited to studio shows and as a contributor/commentator.
NE
Newsroom

The Smerconish programme today of all days showed how terribly produced it is as well as how poor a host Michael Smerconish is - he's definitely more suited to studio shows and as a contributor/commentator.

Perhaps this should be discussed in the CNN thread and not here?
RD
Roger Darthwell London London
Larry King was one of the greatest, may he RIP
So long, Larry King
Last edited by Roger Darthwell on 23 January 2021 3:46pm
CF
CallumF Central Reporting Scotland
Is there anyone like Larry King? Or his programme? A kind of 'signature', must see interview series.

Shows like HARDtalk or Amanpour come to mind as some of the closer things to it but it's still no match. Maybe not I guess?
Newsroom and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
BA
bakamann London World News
CNN is now back to regular CNN Newsroom broadcast with Fredricka.

Also, I noticed that the tribute program earlier used the CNN Tonight split-screen background, which is a bit ironic because CNN Tonight is the polar opposite of Larry King Live.
Formerly theBlockerPH
SC
scottishtv Founding member Central Reporting Scotland
Shows like HARDtalk or Amanpour come to mind as some of the closer things to it but it's still no match. Maybe not I guess?

We don't really have that blur between news and entertainment over here, closer matches would probably have been Sir Terry Wogan or even Michael Parkinson, but the TV channels and formats were obviously different here and they would not really have covered any current affairs or news at all. Quite a unique proposition to have that sort of show with those sorts of guests on a news network.
GI
ginnyfan World News
So sad, I was hoping he would get through once again but COVID was just too much.... Another legend gone....

In a way, Larry's departure in 2010 and a lowlife Morgan replacing him was the beginning of CNN's downfall and a sign of things to come...

RIP Larry
JO
Jonwo
Sad news about Larry King although considering he had multiple heart attacks, a stroke and lung cancer throughout the course of his life, getting to 87 is no mean feat!
BA
bakamann London World News
So sad, I was hoping he would get through once again but COVID was just too much.... Another legend gone....

In a way, Larry's departure in 2010 and a lowlife Morgan replacing him was the beginning of CNN's downfall and a sign of things to come...

RIP Larry

I find it funny that Piers want to portray himself as an Anti-Gun "advocate" on his crappy talkshow, but he seems to be infatuated with Trump when he became a political candidate, and eventually president.
Formerly theBlockerPH
JO
Jonwo

RIP Larry

I find it funny that Piers want to portray himself as an Anti-Gun "advocate" on his crappy talkshow, but he seems to be infatuated with Trump when he became a political candidate, and eventually president.

I find Piers more bearable when he's doing non current affairs and political programmes like Life Stories or his documentaries. I've listened to him in interviews and he comes across better when he's not in tabloid mode.

Newer posts