TV Home Forum

Channel 4 - 80s themed brand elements today

Ahead of episode 1 of ‘It’s A Sin’ (January 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
channel4squares1
Nice looking 80's clock before Channel 4 news.

Also to reply to my own post, I'm VCRing all the Idents today as I've managed to plug it in to the TIVO somehow.
NA
natwel27
The clock before the news was an unexpected surprise!
CH
channel4squares1
1982 style menu just after Channel 4 News without any programme images.
DE
deryn
would love this back full time who is with me
SP
Steve in Pudsey
The fact that the clock ticked on past 00 makes me wonder if it's actually a live clock rather than a pre-rendered video?
JB
JasonB
Are they going to replace commercial breaks with four score like they did in the early days? That’ll make a certain someone happy!
AndrewPSSP, Anglialad and Sh1ruba gave kudos
TE
tesandco Founding member
The recreated clock and menu, as they were aired around the lunchtime news.

Video

Video
Last edited by tesandco on 22 January 2021 12:39pm
HC
Hatton Cross
The fact that the clock ticked on past 00 makes me wonder if it's actually a live clock rather than a pre-rendered video?

It's not.
If you watch the video back on the second page of the thread, you'll see the clocks ticking up to the start time of the two Channel 4 news broadcasts today, and both have a 5 second overruns after the clock ticks to the scheduled start time of both.
TI
TIGHazard
What agenda? That their old logo and idents are fantastic compared to what we have now? If so, then I'd have to agree!

Considering the content of the drama the idents are promoting, I think we know exactly why these people are moaning. Though outside of equality for everyone regardless of sexual orientation, I don't know what the 'LGBT-agenda' is even supposed to mean.
JO
Josh
Excuse me for asking but are these idents new or have they been previously used?
CH
channel4squares1
Josh posted:
Excuse me for asking but are these idents new or have they been previously used?

As far as I know, they were only used on the original trailers during the 80's, but not been used since.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Josh posted:

Yes, nearly 40 years ago.

Newer posts