The Newsroom

BBC Scotland to launch current affairs show on Sunday

"The Sunday Show" launches from 7 February (January 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
BBC Media Centre posted:
BBC Scotland’s news and current affairs programming on Sunday mornings will have a new look and sound from 7 February with the launch of The Sunday Show.

The multi-platform programme which will feature agenda-setting interviews, news and analysis will be fronted by experienced BBC Scotland journalists Martin Geissler and Fiona Stalker.

The two-hour show airs from 10am until 12 noon, with Martin presenting the first half hour, which will broadcast simultaneously on BBC One Scotland and on BBC Radio Scotland. From 10.30am Fiona takes the helm for remainder of the show, as it continues on BBC Radio Scotland.

Martin will join Fiona in the radio studio, contributing his analysis of the interviews and the big political stories as they develop during the morning.

[...] "The new programme will replace the Sunday edition of Politics Scotland and Sunday Good Morning Scotland."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/bbc-scotland-current-affairs-martin-geissler-fiona-stalker
DO
dosxuk
Incoming outrage from Mr Darthwell in 5... 4...
GL
globaltraffic24
Love the idea of utilising the radio and TV resources. For the first time in years, I’m genuinely looking forward to a BBC Scotland show! (Well, maybe Two Doors Down is my guilty pleasure, but don’t tell anyone 🤣)
CH
chris
Finding the press release a bit confusing, partly because BBC Scotland is the name of a channel and a bigger entity. Am I right in saying it will only be a half-hour show on TV on BBC One, but two hours on the radio?

Bit of an unimaginative name.
BR
Brekkie
So replacing Politics Scotland then with something broader. Is logic though in having a show on TV which can be followed up with a call in and further analysis on radio. That is surely something that could be streamed on the BBC Scotland channel to get further value from it.
CO
Cold Open
Josh posted:
BBC Scotland to launch current affairs show on Sunday
"The Sunday Show" launches from 7 February

Wow. What huge imagination it must've taken them to come up with that title...
😏🙄
RD
Roger Darthwell
Josh posted:
BBC Media Centre posted:
BBC Scotland’s news and current affairs programming on Sunday mornings will have a new look and sound from 7 February with the launch of The Sunday Show.

The multi-platform programme which will feature agenda-setting interviews, news and analysis will be fronted by experienced BBC Scotland journalists Martin Geissler and Fiona Stalker.

The two-hour show airs from 10am until 12 noon, with Martin presenting the first half hour, which will broadcast simultaneously on BBC One Scotland and on BBC Radio Scotland. From 10.30am Fiona takes the helm for remainder of the show, as it continues on BBC Radio Scotland.

Martin will join Fiona in the radio studio, contributing his analysis of the interviews and the big political stories as they develop during the morning.

[...] "The new programme will replace the Sunday edition of Politics Scotland and Sunday Good Morning Scotland."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/bbc-scotland-current-affairs-martin-geissler-fiona-stalker

I think this is a very interesting programme for BBC One Scotland, I hope it will be a success! But I don't understand why dosxuk, and the people who liked his post all expect an outrage from me. I don't get it, Just wondering
Last edited by Roger Darthwell on 21 January 2021 11:15pm - 3 times in total
DO
dosxuk
But I don't understand why dosxuk, and the people who liked his post all expect an outrage from me. I don't get it, Just wondering

It's almost like every single story about BBC Scotland draws complaints from you and how they should be sending the money to BBC Three instead.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
To be fair this nothing to do with BBC Scotland (the channel, neé BBC Two Scotland)
Jeffmister, dosxuk and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
RD
Roger Darthwell
But I don't understand why dosxuk, and the people who liked his post all expect an outrage from me. I don't get it, Just wondering

It's almost like every single story about BBC Scotland draws complaints from you and how they should be sending the money to BBC Three instead.

All right, now I understand.....well be very pleased of the fact that I have nothing to be outraged about this time Smile

13 days later

CF
CallumF
Here's the advert for The Sunday Show which launches...Sunday:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p095ybp0

Newer posts