TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
There was a leak on Wikipedia earlier this week, I’ve just had a look back and it got Glenn Hoddle right.

I only saw one name before clicking off earlier in the week, but it was the winner Sad

Obviously I won’t say who it was.
What the...!?! Wikipedia shouldn't have any spoilers up - they can't have come from a legitimate source and so should be reverted on sight.
TV
iloveTV1
JAS84 posted:
There was a leak on Wikipedia earlier this week, I’ve just had a look back and it got Glenn Hoddle right.

I only saw one name before clicking off earlier in the week, but it was the winner Sad

What the...!?! Wikipedia shouldn't have any spoilers up - they can't have come from a legitimate source and so should be reverted on sight.

Someone did revert it, but I was unlucky enough to be on the page between the edit being done and it being reverted. I know something similar happened to someone on Digital Spy. They looked at the whole list though. I stopped myself from doing that.

On wiki you can look back at previous edits and I checked at the end of the show to see if the edit had been correct, and it was.
TV
iloveTV1
Another one for Harlequin possibly Ruthie Henshall? I’m leaning towards Gabrielle, however.

I have written both names down on my list.
GL
Gluben
JAS84 posted:

Someone did revert it, but I was unlucky enough to be on the page between the edit being done and it being reverted. I know something similar happened to someone on Digital Spy. They looked at the whole list though. I stopped myself from doing that.

On wiki you can look back at previous edits and I checked at the end of the show to see if the edit had been correct, and it was.

I've seen the whole list unfortunately. But I'm one of the few that doesn't mind spoilers, it's the journey to get to the end that's more interesting to me. But yes, very frustrating to most, assuming all of them were accurate. Going back over some other performances, they do seem to match.
iloveTV1 and itvblocks gave kudos
IT
itvblocks
Episode 4:

Harlequin: Writer? Reader?

Blob: I really haven't got a clue.

Viking: American? "Breaks the rules"

Bush Baby: Lots of cooking references, but those could be a red herring.

Grandfather Clock is Glenn Hoddle and it's so funny because, me and my dad had him in our list, I think everyone got carried away with the goalkeeper clues, massive red herrings.

As for the Wikipedia spoilers, I haven't seen anything about this and I don't want to because what's the fun in that? - I love the journey of the series. I pay my respects to those who have seen the spoilers and have just had this series ruined for them. Pretty sad.
AB
AcerBen
Harlequin sounds too much like Gabrielle for it not to be her. Can make several of the clues fit now too.

He sounded a bit dodgy tonight so I'm not as sure as before, but still think Morten Harket for Viking.

Blob is Lenny Henry but I've no idea on Bush Baby.
JO
Jonwo
Another one for Harlequin possibly Ruthie Henshall? I’m leaning towards Gabrielle, however.

I have written both names down on my list.

Ruthie Henshall doesn't have that sort of singing voice so it's unlikely to be her.
TV
iloveTV1
Update on the wiki leak, it had Bush Baby in the bottom two tonight so it is wrong.
IS
Inspector Sands
I'm a bit late to this series and I've only seen last night's but The Blob is definately
he's got such a distinctive voice and it was very recognisable last night. Plus one of the possible clues was that he's named after a doctor, he was... after the doctor who delivered him.

Jonathan Ross must know who it is having worked with him so much over the years, but I suppose they have to string it out and pretend
TR
Truthfinder
Viking- Morten Harket ( A-ha singer).

Blob - Lenny Henry ( Comedian) 100 %. so obvious

Sausage- Sheridan Smith. (Possibly)
I wish the panel of judges wouldn't act so dumb and surprised. They probably know the majority of the celebs and just acting up for the cameras to make the show.
Last edited by Truthfinder on 1 February 2021 3:04pm
TR
Truthfinder
Bush baby- Stephen Mulhern or possibly John Thomson from the "fast show"
Last edited by Truthfinder on 1 February 2021 3:05pm
IS
Inspector Sands
I did wonder if Harlequin was Victoria Coren-Mitchell, but only because of the poker reference, although once I thought that I could see her mannerisms. No idea what her singing is like though, seems unlikely

Newer posts