The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
I'd rather have taped stuff then the endless domestic simulcasts. Cool

Anyway, here's some cool stuff from 2006, after the visual revamp but at a time when they used temporary London and Atlanta sets.

BF
BFGArmy
I'd rather the domestic bulletins over the sponsored taped programmes as at least the domestic bulletins are still live output and news of some description. There often weren't many international bulletins anyway at weekends pre-pandemic so actually the COVID set-up means we probably get more live weekend news than previously even though it is from Domestic.

I understand why the taped programmes are aired as they're sponsored and probably bring in a ton of money but there have always seemed to be far too many of them and they're heavily repeated.

As for the sports bulletins, I have no issue with CNN having a sports bulletin and indeed when there were periods last year where they was no World Sport bulletins when there was plenty of live sport to talk about which was pretty poor by CNNI. That said too often at CNN the sports bulletins seem to take priority over actual news programmes which isn't the way round it should be on a news network.
BA
bakamann
CNN updated their "A Matter of Trust" identity video, featuring pictures of Capitol rally, Sara Sidner and vaccine jab.

HE
headliner101
Interesting that CNNI does not emphasise the tagline "The Most Trusted Name in News" the way Domestic does.

It also seems as if Harlow was anchoring something produced by CNNI. One can tell with the "CNN NEWSROOM" banner on the lower-right hand side (Domestic just uses "NEWSROOM").
MA
Meridian AM
Interesting that CNNI does not emphasise the tagline "The Most Trusted Name in News" the way Domestic does.

Because CNNI's own slogan (since 2014) is 'Go There'.
NZ
nznewser
Interesting in this piece on Isha Sesay departing CNN she outlined the focus on coverage of Trump as one of her reasons for leaving, that it was all consuming and didn't leave room to cover much else.

I think a lot of us feel that and hope the end of the Trump era will allow things to settle a bit!

https://howafrica.com/isha-sesay-leaves-cnn-after-13-years-cites-trump-focused-coverage-as-reason/
Independent and ginnyfan gave kudos
NE
Newsroom
CNN's Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger will be on the Andrew Marr programme Sunday morning

This was a fascinating interview, soon to be on iPlayer. Even Marr was overly excited at the end.
MA
Meridian AM
Former CNNI executive Chris Cramer has died. This was just announced on air.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/17/media/chris-cramer-death-intl/index.html
NZ
nznewser
Great piece by CNN's Michael Holmes about former CNNI Head Chris Cramer who has died. Kim Brunhuber reported his passing at the end of CNN Newsroom today.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/17/media/chris-cramer-death-intl/index.html
HE
headliner101
CNN's Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger will be on the Andrew Marr programme Sunday morning

This was a fascinating interview, soon to be on iPlayer. Even Marr was overly excited at the end.

Lucky for us, CNN does not disallow Borger from appearing on the BBC given that the two organisations have networks designed to compete against each other (though BBC World is not available in Britain).
GI
ginnyfan
Interesting in this piece on Isha Sesay departing CNN she outlined the focus on coverage of Trump as one of her reasons for leaving, that it was all consuming and didn't leave room to cover much else.

I think a lot of us feel that and hope the end of the Trump era will allow things to settle a bit!

https://howafrica.com/isha-sesay-leaves-cnn-after-13-years-cites-trump-focused-coverage-as-reason/

I remember this and she did the right thing. Not only was CNN LA cancelled soon after but the Trump saturation became even worse.
Independent, nznewser and Meridian AM gave kudos
BA
bakamann

Because CNNI's own slogan (since 2014) is 'Go There'.

CNN International also uses "The World's News Leader", usually at the extro before CNNI Newsroom ends... which is different from CNN USA's "The World's News Network" slogan.

EDIT: John King has officially announced Abby Philip's new role as host of Inside Politics Sunday, and he also said that there will still be Inside Politics every weekdays.

Last edited by bakamann on 17 January 2021 2:18pm

Newer posts