The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NZ
nznewser
Speaking of brand affiliation, I was wondering why CNN International seems to be not using CNN Indonesia for the Plane crash coverage, or even the Indonesian earthquake that just happened hours ago.

Also, CNN is re-airing the "Matter of Trust" adverts.

I think it broadcasts in Indonesian not English.

But I guess they would have bilingual correspondences that would be able provide some very good on the ground coverage. I guess pre-Covid they would have sent one of the HK-bases reporters there, but it does look odd having Will Ripley reporting on today's EQ from Hong Kong!
AN
Ant
mark posted:
For anyone with a newish Samsung smart TV, CNN is now available in HD on Samsung TV+. Channel 4008.

Fantastic addition. It’s a shame Virgin Media still have the SD version.
NE
Newsroom
It’s looking like CNN are utilizing their senior anchors this weekend in the run up to Biden’s inauguration.

John Berman making a rare Saturday appearance on the 10am Newsroom slot. Notable New Day Weekend aired an hour early this morning.
HE
headliner101
And now they're back to Fred Whittfield.
MA
Meridian AM
30 minute World Sport programme on International at 5pm, but no international news to be seen...
AJ
AJB39
30 minute World Sport programme on International at 5pm, but no international news to be seen...

It’s been like that for several months at the weekend on CNNI. World Sport at 5pm and 10pm but no international news.
CF
CallumF
CNN's Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger will be on the Andrew Marr programme Sunday morning

Omnipresent, Newsroom and AJB39 gave kudos
NE
Newsroom

Yup! I’ve access to both here in London and the circus does seem there is no break from domestic for International. I guess it’s assumed that would be the case.

Sling listings have Ana Cabrera to deliver 7 hours tomorrow - surely outdated.
HE
headliner101

And magazine programmes at I believe 17.30 and 18.30. What was on at 18.00, another magazine show?
TM
TMD_24

Yup! I’ve access to both here in London and the circus does seem there is no break from domestic for International. I guess it’s assumed that would be the case.

Sling listings have Ana Cabrera to deliver 7 hours tomorrow - surely outdated.

Yes that's outdated by the looks of it. The Situation Room is on at the earlier time of 8pm (3pm-7pm US time) UK time tonight (International only showing the first 2 hours with filters after until midnight) and I think it's now updated anyway to show Ana from 4pm-7pm US time tomorrow.
Last edited by TMD_24 on 16 January 2021 7:41pm
MA
Meridian AM

And magazine programmes at I believe 17.30 and 18.30. What was on at 18.00, another magazine show?

Maybe Inside Africa, African Voices, Connecting Africa, Marketplace Africa... or golf... Rolling Eyes

According to Sky guide, there is a whole 2 hours of pre recorded sponsored Africa programmes on Monday morning:
3.00 Inside Africa
3.30 Marketplace Africa
4.00 Connecting Africa
4.30 African Voices
No doubt there won't be any US or International news summaries during this time...
It’s the early hours in the UK, but it's the daytime schedule for Asia and Australia...
NZ
nznewser

Maybe Inside Africa, African Voices, Connecting Africa, Marketplace Africa... or golf... Rolling Eyes

According to Sky guide, there is a whole 2 hours of pre recorded sponsored Africa programmes on Monday morning:
3.00 Inside Africa
3.30 Marketplace Africa
4.00 Connecting Africa
4.30 African Voices
No doubt there won't be any US or International news summaries during this time...
It’s the early hours in the UK, but it's the daytime schedule for Asia and Australia...

Yup, here in New Zealand that's rolling African magazine shows 4-6pm on a Monday afternoon! To be fair, CNN have long used that slot for magazine shows on Mondays.
AJB39 and Meridian AM gave kudos

Newer posts