The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
World news and news channel are simulcasting at 11am from studio E.

Normal these days isn't it?

10am hour was deemed as normal, not 11am though.
UN
Universal_r
World news and news channel are simulcasting at 11am from studio E.

Normal these days isn't it?

No, usually only 10am GMT is a simulcast during the day until outside source.
UN
Universal_r
The simulcast remains at 11am GMT, is this part of the new covid measures introduced?
NE
News96
The simulcast remains at 11am GMT, is this part of the new covid measures introduced?

Except it only seems to have happened on Tuesday and today.
BB
bbc247

I wonder if they're simulcasting just this hour if they're short staffed on the day as it only seems to happen very occasionally, so maybe they're cutting a shift. Been an unusual line up on the NC as well today including Kate Silverton who is a freelancer so it could be that Covid is causing some staff availability issues?
JF
JF World News

I wonder if they're simulcasting just this hour if they're short staffed on the day as it only seems to happen very occasionally, so maybe they're cutting a shift. Been an unusual line up on the NC as well today including Kate Silverton who is a freelancer so it could be that Covid is causing some staff availability issues?

Kate is going to be doing more now she’s finished writing a book and doing first part of a masters degree. She is on again tomorrow
HA
harshy Founding member
Does anyone know why the bbc world news logo is slightly less red then it should be, the bbc news logo is the correct red, and the trailers are the right red as well, the flipper has the right red as well on the bbc world news logo.
MD
mdtauk
Could just be an incorrect export or colour space?
BA
bakamann
Does anyone know why the bbc world news logo is slightly less red then it should be, the bbc news logo is the correct red, and the trailers are the right red as well, the flipper has the right red as well on the bbc world news logo.

I only realized that when YouTube's algorithm recommended me this video, plus the weird countdown timing.

HA
harshy Founding member
Could just be an incorrect export or colour space?

It’s been like that ever since they moved to these new graphics.
UN
Universal_r
Does anyone know why Asia business reports lower third graphics are always a bit messed up?
BA
bakamann
Does anyone know why Asia business reports lower third graphics are always a bit messed up?

I think it's because the ABR graphics is coming from Singapore, which has always been since when it was launched as a business newscast exclusive to BBC World's Asia-Pacific feed, therefore they cannot do the separate BBC World News / BBC News graphics.

Newer posts