TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

Return to ‘lockdown format’

BE
benjy
Old habits die hard in this article about GB News...

Quote:
Piers Morgan is said to have been courted by News UK, given the way his Marmite presentations have led to increased figures for ITV’s GMTV.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/13/britain-tv-news-right-gb-bbc
MC
M-CORP Meridian (South East) South East Today
GMTV?? Laughing
I do have a brain, but I left it in the oven too long.
ET
ethanh05 Wales Wales Today
benjy posted:
Old habits die hard in this article about GB News...

Quote:
Piers Morgan is said to have been courted by News UK, given the way his Marmite presentations have led to increased figures for ITV’s GMTV.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/13/britain-tv-news-right-gb-bbc

Presumably that will be what you see when you first enter hell.
SL
Shaun Linden Central Reporting Scotland
Piers has said in the past that this would be his final two years, which takes him to December. As much as some in the media are pumping up GB News, it will be years, if any, before it gains a decent audience.

While they might think what Piers has done will work for them, TV history is littered with popular failures.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Piers has said in the past that this would be his final two years, which takes him to December. As much as some in the media are pumping up GB News, it will be years, if any, before it gains a decent audience.

While they might think what Piers has done will work for them, TV history is littered with popular failures.

I dare say that newspaper speculation can sometimes help when it comes to contract renewals with negotiating a higher salary.
"Listen, we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but from now on what I think you should bring is silence." - Rimmer
SO
Soupnzi London London

I dare say that newspaper speculation can sometimes help when it comes to contract renewals with negotiating a higher salary.

Check out the various stories about Ranvir and her post-Strictly ITV ‘deal’ talks..(which are incidentally often written by the same journalist Wink)
JO
Jonwo
Do newspapers not check what programmes people are on? I know GMTV ran a long time but it’s off the air for over a decade.
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Jonwo posted:
Do newspapers not check what programmes people are on? I know GMTV ran a long time but it’s off the air for over a decade.

When I read, hear or see a report I have expert knowledge of, and it's full of inaccuracies, then it doesn't inspire much confidence for all the stuff I'm not familiar with
--
Avatar credit: © BBC, ITA, BREMA 1967
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Jonwo posted:

Guardian writers don’t watch ITV
JO
Jonwo

Guardian writers don’t watch ITV

Given the really snobby article they recently had about ITV drama, it wouldn't surprise me.
JE
JonathanE19 Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Is it just me that thinks it's difficult to hear the new voiceover guy? It feels like his audio is much quieter than the previous man that did it?
AlfieMulcahy and callumash gave kudos
TO
Towielad Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Is it just me that thinks it's difficult to hear the new voiceover guy? It feels like his audio is much quieter than the previous man that did it?

When it first changed it was also much slower than now sounded almost morose, the speeding up and punchier delivery is slightly quieter

Newer posts