TV Home Forum

Educational content on CBBC and BBC2 from Monday

"Biggest education offer in it's history" (January 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RD
RDJ
Jonwo posted:
29% increase from what BBC Two usually shows doesn't seem that impressive but I wonder if that's more to the fact that older kids don't watch as much TV.

I’d say by time they’re secondary school age, they’ve probably most likely got their own devices to watch the content on. Plus given the content is broadcast in the afternoon around the time they most likely would have a lunch break, I’m not sure that the time slot they have is appropriate for them to watch as broadcast.
BR
Brekkie
I guess they didn't want to have it clashing with the primary school content as logically the 9-11am news simulcast would be easiest to sacrifice, especially this week with BBC2 airing the Masters.
DV
DVB Cornwall
One of the main movers for this service was for those severely disadvantaged. Homes where only one receiver is available and where multiple children live across the Primary and Secondary sectors.

Running both services concurrently rather than simultaneously helps achieve the aim.
AS
AlexS
I guess they didn't want to have it clashing with the primary school content as logically the 9-11am news simulcast would be easiest to sacrifice, especially this week with BBC2 airing the Masters.

Also a bit of an issue that, unless they are expected to be on a live video call with their school (and therefore unable to watch) many teenagers simply won't be awake at 9am.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
But if they have the means to be on a live video call they can watch it on iPlayer
SW
Steve Williams
AlexS posted:
Also a bit of an issue that, unless they are expected to be on a live video call with their school (and therefore unable to watch) many teenagers simply won't be awake at 9am.

Except they would be awake at 9am on a normal day, to go to school.

19 days later

JO
Josh

CBeebies also started providing content from today.

Newer posts