TV Home Forum

Local TV

Are you local?

BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I'd say more likely they've bought the franchise off That's TV than are going to compete with them.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
I'd say more likely they've bought the franchise off That's TV than are going to compete with them.

It sounds like this is a new licence though?
MI
TheMike Central (East) East Midlands Today
Jon posted:

It sounds like this is a new licence though?

It is a new licence.

Incidentally, the Manchester TV DTPS licence would come without any right of a prominent EPG slot.
Last edited by TheMike on 1 December 2020 9:25pm

23 days later

IS
Inspector Sands

AndrewPSSP, Josh and Cold Open gave kudos
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Hmm, Best of Local TV 2020: Here's some more Judge Judy.

13 days later

GO
gottago London London
Made have launched Manchester TV on channel 99 on the Manchester mux. Maybe to rival That's Manchester but I reckon this adds more fuel to the fire of the suggestion in the Newsroom thread of some of the local channels being used as an outlet for the upcoming Murdoch News UK channel. Quite how they'd be making any money out of a new Manchester service otherwise is beyond me.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry missed that this was discussed a bit above. Although this is now officially a separate service to That's.
GU
Gusan North Reporting Scotland
The 10 minutes of Headline News listed for That's Scotland on Tuesday 12th January
Last edited by Gusan on 5 January 2021 7:30pm
ST
steveboswell Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Do we have any TVF correspondents in the Manchester area? In the early days of the GMAN Manchester multiplex there were rumours that some channels on the EPG weren't always broadcasting reliably, although that was more likely due to technical issues than anything more sinister.

terrestrialtv.uk have also managed to get a working bit-rate graph for it, so we know something's going out, at least!

https://www.terrestrialtv.uk/dtt.php?muxM=M&by=mux&tsidreg=Manchester&pg=live.php
JK
JK08 Granada North West Today
Just got it on now, EPG showing ‘Manchester TV - Coming Soon’.

News headlines have just come on as i type, presenter stood in the middle of a random residential street, titles showing ‘West Midlands News’ so assume this is their output. Only reference to a location so far and you couldn’t pinpoint an area to which the content relates.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Birmingham TV seems to be showing, well, absolutely nothing at this point in time. Channel 7 on Freeview is transmitting absolutely nothing picture wise. I have a signal being received, but there is no picture. Or sound. even the official website has stopped working. Don't know how long this has been the case.

Has this lame duck finally been shot? Or is it just that nobody's noticed the outage yet? They're supposed to be showing "West Midlands Live", the so-called "must see TV for Birmingham, the West Midlands and beyond" until 2pm according to the EPG, and then goes back to the CBS Simulcast at 2pm. Or has lockdown meant nobody can get to wherever this comes from to give a server a good kicking? Smile

(edit: sprung back into life at 1:21pm, website still not working)
Last edited by Neil Jones on 9 January 2021 1:22pm - 2 times in total
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Birmingham TV seems to be showing, well, absolutely nothing at this point in time. Channel 7 on Freeview is transmitting absolutely nothing picture wise. I have a signal being received, but there is no picture. Or sound.

And there we have the winner for Local TV content of the year.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
OM
Omnipresent London London
Noticed a report by on tennis player Francesca Jones at the end of BBC News at Ten featured footage credited to the Local TV Network and with a "Made In Leeds" DOG.

Newer posts