The Newsroom

More Scandals & Sexual Harrasment at FOXNEWS

Now includes "News"Max & OANN Scandals

JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
I do wonder how Fox News will adapt come Jan 20th. Remember they were the channel that had regular weekly calls from President Trump, who adored Fox and Friends in the morning, with their hosts providing the best ass kissing service ever seen by a US news channel to a sitting president.

Now DT will be kicked out of the White House, will his regular call ins take place? Will people really want to hear him drone on and on about the election being rigged? Possibly.

Fox News will also have a presidency which could shut them out a bit. President Obama was not afraid to cold shoulder Fox News during his presidency, and rightly so of course.

This is a very different end to one presidency and the start of a new one. This will take some time for FNC to work out which path to go down? Keep best buddies with Trump or just go back to the usual Democrat Party bashing of 2009-2017?
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Keep up JKDerry - Trump fell out with Fox News the moment they called Arizona for the Democrats.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
030293 and London Lite gave kudos
MO
Mouseboy33
FNC is not a news channel, its a selective outrage machine. (GBNews anyone?) Their president is possibly going to be impeached, for the 2nd time in American history and they only thing their highest rated "host"can talk about is CNN. What a sad, pathetic waste of time and energy to put this steaming pile on air.

This channel has blood on its hands. And continues to stoke these insane people.

Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 13 January 2021 2:54am - 2 times in total
I'm here to give you something to talk about! You're Welcome.
https://youtu.be/1g18oiI2WIU
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
How will Fox News change come next Wednesday? Will they go back to their 2009 approach once Barack Obama was in office, by a never ending, wall to wall Biden Administration bashing for the next 4 years?

Fox News has had everything they could possibly want from the Trump Administration, including exclusive interviews, as Trump has done more Fox News interviews than any other US news outlet. He was also the weekly caller into Fox and Friends which I loved watching how the three anchors reacted to his outbursts every week, and how they tried to steer him to near sanity, but never fully achieving it.

Now we enter the Biden Administration, they must return to their 2009 form, and I expect to see some new prime time shows appearing, as both Tucker Carlson and Hannity are in desperate need of a revamp.
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
How will Fox News change come next Wednesday? Will they go back to their 2009 approach once Barack Obama was in office, by a never ending, wall to wall Biden Administration bashing for the next 4 years?

You mean just like what CNN has been doing over the last 5 years with the Trump Presidency? Rolling Eyes
LV
LondonViewer London London
I’ve been following US news channel ratings since I found TV Newser in maybe 05. I can’t get my head around the ratings performance at the moment. It’s insane.
Martha MacCallum has been a really weak link for a while, so not surprised to see her bumped down to 3pm, but I suspect the latest changes might not be enough. Top brass changes soon?
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
You mean just like what CNN has been doing over the last 5 years with the Trump Presidency? Rolling Eyes

Although it was possible to do that whilst remaining factual and rational, which I expect Fox won’t be with Biden’s presidency.
Mouseboy33, AJB39 and Blake Connolly gave kudos
GI
ginnyfan World News
I don't think FOX News has to worry about ratings. They are going back to their pre 2016 position and they know very well what to do. Bitter Trumpsters and Republicans will flock to them in need of their daily fix.

It's CNN and MSNBC that will lose viewers now that the Trump reality show is over. They were a huge part of the whole circus and are among those who profited the most with record high ratings, book deals, unknown reporters becoming household names (thanks to numerous stunts) and now getting their promotions etc.
Last edited by ginnyfan on 14 January 2021 4:31pm
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Jon posted:

Although it was possible to do that whilst remaining factual and rational, which I expect Fox won’t be with Biden’s presidency.

We must've been watching different CNNs then.
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Even on CNN, I've seen opinion from anchors stated as fact. Don't get me wrong, the majority of CNN's coverage has been exceptional since the U.S. Election along with the Capitol riot, but it's far from what I'd consider as impartial as the main UK broadcasters have been.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Even on CNN, I've seen opinion from anchors stated as fact. Don't get me wrong, the majority of CNN's coverage has been exceptional since the U.S. Election along with the Capitol riot, but it's far from what I'd consider as impartial as the main UK broadcasters have been.

I must admit that, heavily partisan as it is, the CNN coverage has been really watchable and enjoyable.

And, to Worzel who stated "you mean just like what CNN has been doing over the last 5 years with the Trump Presidency?", you are correct.

Over the past 5 years, seemingly every time I have turned over to watch CNN (much less so since it became less CNNI which I enjoyed much more than CNN domestic), it has been talking head after talking head on their pulpit slagging off Trumpy surrounded by other talking heads who agree with them (with the odd token pro-Trumpy). A bit like a mirror image of Fox News.
OFCOM's queen bitch
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today

I must admit that, heavily partisan as it is, the CNN coverage has been really watchable and enjoyable.

And, to Worzel who stated "you mean just like what CNN has been doing over the last 5 years with the Trump Presidency?", you are correct.

Over the past 5 years, seemingly every time I have turned over to watch CNN (much less so since it became less CNNI which I enjoyed much more than CNN domestic), it has been talking head after talking head on their pulpit slagging off Trumpy surrounded by other talking heads who agree with them (with the odd token pro-Trumpy). A bit like a mirror image of Fox News.

They've been 'feeding the troll' for over 5 years (and will no doubt continue to)
--
Avatar credit: © BBC, ITA, BREMA 1967

Newer posts