TV Home Forum

Dancing on Ice 2021

(September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
Myleene Klass has been revealed as the first celebrity on DOI 2021.

115 days later

TV
iloveTV1
Sounds like a COVID outbreak has happened:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/entertainment/talent-shows/2021-01-13/dancing-on-ice-2021-coronavirus/
JO
Jonwo

The story about outbreaks at DOI oddly doesn't seem to reported anywhere else which makes me think either it happened a while ago or the Sun is telling porkies again.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Jonwo posted:

The story about outbreaks at DOI oddly doesn't seem to reported anywhere else which makes me think either it happened a while ago or the Sun is telling porkies again.

Or both. Smile
UB
UBox
Good behind the scenes video here, especially showing inside Bovingdon.

TO
tomo359
Great behind the scenes video, will be good to see it all when it's on.
One thing I noticed wasn't mentioned was the studio audience. Will they do like the Masked Singer has done and have family groups or "bubbles" sitting together in socially distanced groups or go with the recording clapping and cheering, or a virtual audience like some shows have done?
VA
valley
One thing I noticed wasn't mentioned was the studio audience. Will they do like the Masked Singer has done and have family groups or "bubbles" sitting together in socially distanced groups or go with the recording clapping and cheering, or a virtual audience like some shows have done?

They can't have an in-person audience under the current restrictions.
JK
JKDerry
They have really just taken the protocols that Strictly Come Dancing used and are nearly doing the same. Strictly however had a little bump when one of the celebrity pairs was forced out of the competition. Hope that does not happen here.

If Strictly Come Dancing could produce a superb series, then I am confident Dancing on Ice will too.
JK
JKDerry
Strictly had to end their live audiences near the end of their run, but I think they had a virtual audience watching too, along with the production team on hand to cheer and give support, I assume Dancing on Ice will do the same.
TO
tomo359

They can't have an in-person audience under the current restrictions.

Oh yeah, lockdown...duh Embarassed Laughing
JO
Jonwo
A virtual audience wouldn't really work as it's live plus TBH the audience really don't make much of a difference on DOI compared to say a panel show.

Bovingdon has already hosted two Covid secure shows already so likely have things down to a tee.
JK
JKDerry
Jonwo posted:
A virtual audience wouldn't really work as it's live plus TBH the audience really don't make much of a difference on DOI compared to say a panel show.

Bovingdon has already hosted two Covid secure shows already so likely have things down to a tee.

A virtual audience was fine for The Graham Norton Show and The Jonathan Ross Show, I wonder how it would look and feel if they did use a virtual audience?

Yes, the audience will not see anything exclusive, as all of it is live, unlike Strictly, which always recorded their results show.

Newer posts