TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences

NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
I don’t want to spoil anyone’s fun, It was just an observation that during the deadly part of the pandemic itv are to launch a new series of a live show that could perhaps be delayed for a few weeks. Totally get i appear not to have the same views as others on here. Let’s move on and all stay safe.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of discussion between those who hold one side of the debate and those who hold the other. The idea that the soaps should go out of production because of the restrictions and that the existence of Dancing on Ice on the tellybox was a foible to lob the restrictions rulebook out the window was a ridiculous thing to suggest in the first place to be frank. That's sort of like saying I can't get a new MOT because I shouldn't be using the car, not withstanding the fact it's also illegal to have a car on the public road without an MOT - it either has to have one or be SORNed (or I relinquish ownership of it, which solves the MOT problem but leaves me without a car).

Anyway you have your viewpoint and I have mine. Let us agree to disagree. Here, have an elbow bump Smile
PE
peterh Central (East) East Midlands Today
You have to attract viewers to the public safety messaging about the virus so you safely make programmes people want to watch advertise amongst them and messages get put across to millions. So to do this as long as production is safe and secure then it should be allowed to continue
JO
Josh
Ricky Boleto from Newsround has unveiled his WFH studio:

Last edited by Josh on 13 January 2021 4:13pm
It looks like someone's bleached the Minions.
MarkT76 and scottishtv gave kudos
SC
scottishtv Founding member Central Reporting Scotland
Haha, it's better than any permanent "That's TV" studio.
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Josh posted:
Ricky Bolero from Newsround has unveiled his WFH studio

You must have Dancing on Ice on your mind.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline
Since it is airing a new series as I type, does anyone know when they filmed this new series of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown?

The new series starts tonight, however looking at the production I assume this was all filmed before the start of the pandemic, now this would mean late 2019 or early 2020?

Anyone know?
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
Since it is airing a new series as I type, does anyone know when they filmed this new series of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown?

The new series starts tonight, however looking at the production I assume this was all filmed before the start of the pandemic, now this would mean late 2019 or early 2020?

Anyone know?

The announcer said beforehand it was recorded pre COVID (and pre Jimmy’s new hair)
JK
JKDerry UTV Newsline

Anyone know?

The announcer said beforehand it was recorded pre COVID (and pre Jimmy’s new hair)

Didn't hear the announcer, only switched on after the opening titles ended. Thanks for that. I wonder how far back this was filmed?
JO
Jonwo
Catsdown must have loads of cut material they could make an episode or three out of.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Jonwo posted:
Catsdown must have loads of cut material they could make an episode or three out of.

Well they did in the summer - airing just 2 or 3 new episodes then best of and unseen bits. I'm guessing we're getting the remaining episodes that were planned for the summer series.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
CF
CallumF Central Reporting Scotland

NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
That tweet was followed up:

Newer posts