TV Home Forum

The Chase | Beat the Chasers

Beat the Chasers S2 launches Sun 3 Jan

PK
pk93 Central Reporting Scotland
Without that nonsense of the chasers room, You could fill that time with a 4th contestant!
PK
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Host was so slow too - as few as 7 questions in the cashbuilder compared to 10-12 from Bradley. Further time to be saved by just revealing the Chasers answer - asking him each time just kills the pace and misses the opportunity for them to throw in a few facts along the way.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
DE88 and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Last episode of Beat The Chasers was tonight. Interestingly the £120k & £130k offers they trailed weren't actually in the series - presumably they've got more recorded again. Anyone know what the ratings have been like / compared to S1?
Stay at Home. Watch TV. Post about it on TVF.
PF
PFML84 UTV Newsline
Was expecting the last contestant to get the huge offer from the trailer but no-one did... though oddly he did get amazing offers compared to the other contestants. It seems wildly inconsistent. Perhaps it should be a set amount for 3/4/5 chasers with only the time being the factor they decide on, everyone (if they are brave and clever enough) can go for a £100,000 jackpot if they take all 5 on?
TV
iloveTV1 London London
UBox posted:
Last episode of Beat The Chasers was tonight. Interestingly the £120k & £130k offers they trailed weren't actually in the series - presumably they've got more recorded again. Anyone know what the ratings have been like / compared to S1?

Ratings have been between 3.7m to 4.5m, not as high as series 1 but that performed incredibly well.
Joined on 29th December 2019.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
I know little about USA TV ratings but The Chase USA got 6.2m

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/chase-great-start-us
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Here's the first trailer I've found for Super-Jahti (Finnish BTC). Sorry for the poor quality video. It appears to have been filmed in a broom cupboard of a studio...

Stay at Home. Watch TV. Post about it on TVF.
PK
pk93 Central Reporting Scotland
I wouldn't call the Finnish one a "broom cupboard" - far from it but deffo smaller but looks visually just as well.

Caught some of the Dutch one. It is decent enough, good host etc. Tighter budget with €500 per correct answer and high offers for all chasers generally 30-35K. Also using just the crew/chasers clapping rather than heavy canned applause etc.
PK
WH
what West Country (East) Points West
The Liverpool Echo sharing viewers’ concerns that “new Chaser Darragh Ennis has been SACKED!” because he hasn’t appeared on the show in weeks.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Saw the same article on the Hull Daily Mail site, so I assume it's on the websites of all the Reach local papers. And it's daft. Don't people realise the Menace is missing because the episodes are either airing out of order or are repeats?

I bet the same thing happened when Jenny "The Vixen" Ryan first appeared.
BR
A look at the US set design.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2021/01/12/the-chase-production-design
BR
Watching the second US episode. James is better in the Chaser role and the host is improving, but still too slow with only 8 questions in the cash builder.

As said last week though the game is killed by the decision to make questions worth $25k - high offers were basically the equivalent of £7k, £9k and £8k for 3, 5 and 2 correct answers.

Newer posts