Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube

IS
Inspector Sands
Possibly another clip from Bob Monkhouse’s collection there, nice that he recorded the presentation beforehand just in case some sort of video-sharing electronic web site were to come along in a few decades time.

Kaleidoscope's uploads in the last few days have all been from a similar time: January 1981 so it seems like there's some sort of collection they're gong through. However didn't Monkhouse live in the ATV/Central region? In that documentary about him and his recordings he was marking off Midlands copies of the TV Times
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
Eggington, near Leighton Buzzard, which straddles three ITV regions - ATV/Central, Anglia and Carlton/Thames/LWT. Like most of these thing I suppose it depends where in Leighton Buzzard the so-called Monkhouse Mansion was, but if he has the Midlands Radio Times it was probably on the west side, although if you look at the area on Google Maps it's far closer to London than the Midlands!

The mansion was sold after Bob's wife died in 2009 and they discovered the tapes in the shed, but I've no idea who owns it now, I presume it's privately owned again.
Inspector Sands and DE88 gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The real disappointment of that LWT clip is that it misses the Thames handover!

Kaleidoscope's uploads in the last few days have all been from a similar time: January 1981 so it seems like there's some sort of collection they're gong through. However didn't Monkhouse live in the ATV/Central region? In that documentary about him and his recordings he was marking off Midlands copies of the TV Times

I noticed that both Kaleidoscope and ADC posted the same Schofield-era CBBC junction without an hour of each other a few days ago. Pretty sure they were independent captures rather than one nicking the other's video, which is a hell of a coincidence.
Write that down in your copybook now.
BE
benriggers Meridian (South) Oxford
Pages from Ceefax on the day Princess Diana died.

"They don't want your name, just your number"
DE88, VMPhil and Ghost gave kudos
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
The first page seems to change to an earlier version, where the final part of the last sentence changes from 'said to have undergone "routine tests"' to 'no reports on his condition' and back again.
BH
BillyH Founding member London London
Any Ceefax experts know when that opening card was replaced on PFC? I know it carried on for years, long after it stopped appearing on Ceefax itself.

Incidentally, Arthur Robinson ended up living until 2014, despite the depressing music making it seem like he was on his last legs. (I’m aware it was actually for Diana...)
Member since 26 May 2001
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I might be wrong, but I don't think it was ever changed.
SW
Steve Williams
Eggington, near Leighton Buzzard, which straddles three ITV regions - ATV/Central, Anglia and Carlton/Thames/LWT. Like most of these thing I suppose it depends where in Leighton Buzzard the so-called Monkhouse Mansion was, but if he has the Midlands Radio Times it was probably on the west side, although if you look at the area on Google Maps it's far closer to London than the Midlands!

This is a great TV Forum discussion, but as his exhaustive taping lists reveal (as seen in the BBC4 doc from a few years ago), Bob taped all his stuff off Central, presumably partly out of loyalty as he worked for them for many years.

I do love his confusion over TFI. Oodles of sunkissed love to you and yours.
BE
benriggers Meridian (South) Oxford
Any Ceefax experts know when that opening card was replaced on PFC? I know it carried on for years, long after it stopped appearing on Ceefax itself.

Looks like (checking Youtube clips) that it was eventually replaced in 2006 by this:*
Last edited by benriggers on 11 January 2021 1:25pm - 3 times in total
"They don't want your name, just your number"
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

W&W anybody?
Write that down in your copybook now.
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today

W&W anybody?

Watch and wait?
TV Live - The home of TV presentation.
Join the NEW TV Live Discord!
SW
Steve Williams
rob posted:
Watch and wait?

Watch and Wipe, ie record over it when it's been watched rather than keep it in his archive.

That was further up the page before the bit I took a screenshot of, I don't have personal access to them.
Last edited by Steve Williams on 11 January 2021 2:04pm

Newer posts