TV Home Forum

Reminiscing The Big Breakfast

New podcast launched - page 33 (September 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
A new podcast, Talking Bowlocks, has launched this week made by some of the people who used to work on the show including Cockney Vic, with Episode 1 - Old Ford Lockdown, now available.

Easy to forget the era it was made in - a segment on how they used to have to book a 30 minute slot a week to use the internet or phone Lionel Blair when researching.

Last edited by Brekkie on 10 January 2021 3:44pm - 5 times in total
JCB, Hatton Cross and loydy gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
I knew this was in the works for a while and it's great to finally hear. I didn't realise Cockney Vic worked on the show as early as 1993.
BR
Brekkie
What was really nice was how highly they spoke of all the presenters. Usually these sort of shows reveal some of them were absolute arseholes but there seemed to be a genuine affection from all of them amongst these 4 anyway. Loved the story about Cheggers too.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I know Linton doesn't speak very highly of Johnny Vaughan nowadays but I think that relates to something that happened since he left the show.
WH
Whataday Founding member
There was a brief mention of the short lived Keenen Ivory Wayans Show, produced by Planet 24 America Inc until there was some sort of fall out and Planet pulled out before the show was axed.

If any show could look like "a 1997 Planet 24 produced chat show for US TV", this is it:

JC
JCB
A new podcast, Talking Bowlocks, has launched this week made by some of the people who used to work on the show including Cockney Vic, with Episode 1 - Old Ford Lockdown, now available.

Easy to forget the era it was made in - a segment on how they used to have to book a 30 minute slot a week to use the internet or phone Lionel Blair when researching.

This was great!
JB
JasonB
I’d love to hear their thoughts on the 1996 relaunch. Seemed like the house was convenient for more than TV purposes! If it was 2am and you had no transport the house was the perfect accommodation for a few hours!
IS
Inspector Sands
And if you don't want to listen to it on Spotify, here's links for different platforms and an RSS link for other players

https://anchor.fm/talkingbowlocks#

30 days later

BR
Brekkie
Is this another of the fake non-house sets from the shows earlier years - doesn't look like the box room
SU
Superfan6
It looks like the competition room at the top of the stairs between the bathroom and Ben the Boffin’s room
SU
Superfan6
Hmm maybe not...
WH
Whataday Founding member
Looks the same area to me.

Newer posts