The Newsroom

Joe Biden's Inauguaration

TV Coverage - 20th January

TM
TMD_24 Anglia (East) Look East
Thought I would create a thread for this since we had one 4 years ago for this event. Clearly a lot is happening in America outside of the inauguration with possible impeachment for a second time and the larger fallout of the insurrection of the US Capitol that is taking place. In 10 days time, Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th President of the United States and the broadcasters focus will turn to that. Clearly this year's inauguration will be one like no other with no large crowds and adaptions to work around the pandemic so it will be seen to how broadcasters adapts to the changes.

BBC, ITV, Sky and I also expect the likes of CNN, Bloomberg and CNBC will be covering the event as it stands. Katty Kay is presenting on the BBC, Tom Bradby is hosting on ITV from 4pm-6pm, Adam Boulton is already in Washington for Sky so expect him to be part of the coverage and you expect the likes of Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, Anderson Cooper and John King to be part of the CNN team.

2017 thread is here...
https://tvforum.uk/thenewsroom/trumps-inauguaration-coverage-42358
Does Graham Norton have Norton Security installed on his computer?
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
Do ITV normally cover the US inauguration? This means that both BBC One and ITV will be showing news programming from 4-7pm as the regularly scheduled bulletins will be on straight after.
TM
TMD_24 Anglia (East) Look East
I think ITV covered the Trump inauguration if I remember correctly?
Does Graham Norton have Norton Security installed on his computer?
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
I think ITV covered the Trump inauguration if I remember correctly?

Yes, they did.

TV Live - The home of TV presentation.
Join the NEW TV Live Discord!
AlfieMulcahy, JamesWorldNews and Newsroom gave kudos
MD
mdtauk London London
It would be interesting if the Democrats provided pooled cameras of gatherings of people in parts of the US and the world where people can socially distance - or broadcast Zoom groups, giving a visible "crowd" to honor/celebrate Biden taking office.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today

It was worth reliving this just to see this again:

Who is Olive Trump?

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today

It was worth reliving this just to see this again:

Who is Olive Trump?

Clearly not the sharpest tool in the box!
JF
JF World News West Country (East) Points West
BBC News Channel

16:00-18:00 President Biden: The Inauguration Part One
19:00-20:00 President Biden: The Inauguration Part Two
21:00-22:00 BBC News with Katty and Christian: Inauguration Special
01:30-02:00 President Biden: The Inauguration highlights
UN
Universal_r Central Reporting Scotland
Will itvs coverage just be coming from the studio in London? Or is Tom going to go back out to Washington?
RR
RR
The ITV Programme description currently states:
Quote:
Tom Bradby presents an ITV News special from Washington DC
JO
Jonwo
Not sure ITV is bothering with the inauguration as it’s not going to rate for them at all compared to Tipping Point and The Chase!
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
Jonwo posted:
Not sure ITV is bothering with the inauguration as it’s not going to rate for them at all compared to Tipping Point and The Chase!

It's in their schedule.
Tennis on telly | Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.

Newer posts