Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Yes, the final IBA announcements on ITV were in May 1983 as far as I'm aware, when TV-am was extended from 9:15 to 9:25.

I believe they were moved from ITV to Channel 4 in May 1983 to co-coincide with TV-am getting the slot until 9:25am, and also having updated the network to allow automatic switching, as opposed to the manual switching job they had to do before (IIRC TV-am was due to launch after the upgrade work, but they wanted to get going sooner thanks to the BBC launching their programme in January so TV-am had to be bodged in to the system as it were).
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I still don't fully get how they were able to use that slot while BT were reconfiguring the feeds, how did Engineering Information get to the transmitters?

Did the IBA control rooms switch the C4 distribution (carrying the same programme) into the ITV transmitters? How did that work for VHF sites that weren't co-sited with a UHF site?
NW
nwtv2003
A teachers guide on how to record and manage your Video tapes for School:

GO
gottago
A teachers guide on how to record and manage your Video tapes for School:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbAVHAWAItU

Sorry, did that teacher suggest they go to the pub at lunchtime?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Was certainly a thing when I was at school in the late 90s for some of the teachers to do so on a Friday.
Andrew, Soupnzi and Mike W gave kudos
EL
elmarko
And when our maths teacher did that he slept it off while we answered some questions, he used to lean his head on the blackboard and close his eyes. Fantastic.
CO
Colm
"All the teachers in the pub, passing 'round the ready-rub, trying not to think if when the lunchtime bell will ring again..."

Mad, not mad.
SO
Soupnzi
Was certainly a thing when I was at school in the late 90s for some of the teachers to do so on a Friday.

In the same era, some of my sixth form teachers almost seemed to be based there on a Friday, with occasional trips to the school
BR
Brekkie

Yes, Friday afternoon lessons were great fun.
IS
Inspector Sands
It's 7pm and it's the start of another London Weekend! This starts as a great flashy showbiz sequence, but then disappointingly it ends with Peter Lewis being all serious

NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I get the distinct impression that that tie's too big for Mr Lewis Smile
bilky asko, DE88 and Ghost gave kudos
BH
BillyH Founding member
Possibly another clip from Bob Monkhouse’s collection there, nice that he recorded the presentation beforehand just in case some sort of video-sharing electronic web site were to come along in a few decades time.

Newer posts