TV Home Forum

Smtv Live reunion

(August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BH
BillyH Founding member
If there was a dvd of the show what would you want included?

Special “as broadcast” versions of each episode including the original adverts for every individual ITV region (selectable on a menu), the idents in and out of the programme and the first few minutes of CD:UK.
Josh, Amber Avenger and VMPhil gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
If there was a dvd of the show what would you want included?

Special “as broadcast” versions of each episode including the original adverts for every individual ITV region (selectable on a menu), the idents in and out of the programme and the first few minutes of CD:UK.

Also includes the last few minutes of Diggit and the GMTV 'See you tomorrow!'/CITV rollercoaster ident.
ME
mediaman2007
You guys don't ask for much do you 😆
VM
VMPhil
You guys don't ask for much do you 😆

We've been spoiled after the release of this.
KP
KelpieP0921
Just like to see all the Challenge Ants & Dec Says/SOMS (often the pre/post Cat the dog sketches were the funniest part!) myself as they were my two fav parts!
LO
loydy
It'll never happen but I'd love to see a complete set of Chums.
SL
Slocker
There was a report that Netflix was adding the complete SMTV and byker grove
LO
loydy
There was a report that Netflix was adding the complete SMTV and byker grove

What report was this? I could understand Byker Grove being put on there, although it'd probably be more suited to Britbox... but I can't see them putting SMTV on Netflix whatsoever.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Pretty sure Ant & Dec bought up the rights to Byker Grove when the production company went into liquidation. I think the tooted reason was to stop them being repeated somewhere, but AFAIK they still haven't shown up anywhere so presumably they could block a release to Netflix (or Britbox). Of course if the cheque's fat enough then all bets are off.
JA
james-2001
Those claims that they bought the show to stop it being repeated were ridiculous and I doubt there was the slightest truth in it. They've never been ashamed of the show or reluctant to talk about it or send it up, why would they want to keep it off air? Most likely they just bought the rights because they were going after the collapse of Zenith, along with SM:TV, and some tabloid hack tried to spice it up with the "keep it off TV" claim. I think it was The Sun that reported it, which tells you all you need to know.
Last edited by james-2001 on 9 January 2021 9:11pm
davidhorman and loydy gave kudos
ME
mediaman2007
Given some of the tripe on Netflix a show which is an 8.1 on imdb should be in with a shout.
BR
Brekkie
I guess when you take out the pre-recorded shows SMTV itself wasn't actually that long - probably half the two hour run time, minus ads. Was it generally just Pokemon and Sabrina shown in each episode (or their equivalents), or was their a third show as well?

Newer posts