TV Home Forum

Educational content on CBBC and BBC2 from Monday

"Biggest education offer in it's history" (January 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
I think Celebrity Supply Teacher is a repeat run anyway.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I think Celebrity Supply Teacher is a repeat run anyway.

Indeed:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000kbn4 - Top quizzer Mark Labbett takes a maths class with a difference as he presents some simple maths hacks that help demystify long multiplication. Broadcast Wed 24 Jun 2020 09:20 CBBC Channel. The Geri Horner one was seen Mon 8 Jun 2020 and Tue 20 Oct 2020, similar for Marcus Rashford. So these aren't actually new, they've just been dusted off.
JO
Jonwo
It’s anyone really surprised it’s not all new content?
GE
thegeek Founding member
Jonwo posted:
It’s anyone really surprised it’s not all new content?

The bits of Bitesize Daily I saw from earlier in the year was a mix of new studio stuff, celebs reading from books (self-shot, not always very well) and archive educational content. It was generally pretty well put together, particularly given how much notice that would have had to research it and assemble all the content.

I wonder how much of this round was planned in advance as a contingency, or if it was a similar scramble...
Jeffmister and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
TV
iloveTV1
Here's the Week 1 schedule:

JO
Josh
Already posted on the last page.
Matthew_Fieldhouse and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
JO
Josh
Looks like there's continuity between the programmes this time around in the Newsround studio plus an animating Bitesize DOG.
DV
DVB Cornwall
One idea would be for BBC TWO to carry some of the extraordinarily large library, tht go way beyond the Christmas TV programmes, of Royal Institution Lectures that are available on YouTube. Licensing these shouldn't be too difficult.
BU
buster
Looks like there is content on the Red Button as well that is different to CBBC - seems to be secondary education Bitesize from what I can tell.
JO
Josh
Looks like there is content on the Red Button as well that is different to CBBC - seems to be secondary education Bitesize from what I can tell.

It's the usual loop of content that they do on Red Button - they looped the secondary show for the first part of the day then they looped the primary stuff.
GO
gottago
Some stats from day 1:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/huge-numbers-turn-to-the-bbc-as-lockdown-learning-begins
JO
Jonwo

29% increase from what BBC Two usually shows doesn't seem that impressive but I wonder if that's more to the fact that older kids don't watch as much TV.

Newer posts