The Newsroom

Granada Reports

(November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SH
Sh1ruba
Gamal has now been confirmed as the new presenter:

Hoping he can continue the legacy Tony left on the programme and its viewers.
Tony knew Gamal in his lifetime, so Tony would've been immensly honoured and proud to pass the torch onto him.
DE88 and alexjac0788 gave kudos
NW
nwtv2003
Gamal’s first bulletin is on Monday.
OC
Otis Crump
They closed the programme with a live two way with him. He was somewhere in Stockport, I think he hinted close to where he's living.
TO
Towielad
Gamal presented the lunchtime Granada Reports like he’s never been away!
South Today, DJ Dave and Ben Shatliff gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Gamal seems to fit in very well.
GM
Gary McEwan
Has anyone got his first bulletin from 6pm?
CraigWills and Ballyboy gave kudos
BS
Ben Shatliff
Gamal doing a fantastic job and he and Lucy work very well together.
London Lite and DJ Dave gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
Has anyone got his first bulletin from 6pm?

Unfortunately I didn't record his first programme, but as nobody else has either I thought I'd post this bulletin I recorded from Thursday night just to give anyone outside Granadaland an example of him presenting it in the first week.

I have had to use YouTube's editor to cut out a 15 second long(!!) clip of a Premier League match during the sport section otherwise it would have been blocked worldwide.

49 days later

BE
Benjamin1
I noticed this evening the coffee desk is no longer angled and the studio isn’t as dimly lit. Looks a lot better on screen.
ST
South Today
I noticed this evening the coffee desk is no longer angled and the studio isn’t as dimly lit. Looks a lot better on screen.

Maybe a spin around in a few weeks time, when the clocks change, for the outside MediaCity view?
WI
Willz

Maybe a spin around in a few weeks time, when the clocks change, for the outside MediaCity view?

any caps?
JO
Josh
Well no, because it hasn't happened yet.

Newer posts