TV Home Forum

This Morning

Sofa abandoned after a light comes unsafe in the rafters (November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DW
DavidWhitfield
Looking forward to This Morning's feature on Text Insert 4 at midnight.
Worth staying up late for; so much more interesting than Text Insert 1, 2, and 3.

AN
Andrew Founding member
You need to send that into Daytime Snaps on twitter

Did Phil and Holly react to it?
BA
Ballyboy
I think laughed at it whilst reading the autocue
DW
DavidWhitfield
You need to send that into Daytime Snaps on Twitter.

Ha, I must admit, Andrew, that's where I saw it myself, and thought people here might like to see it in case they missed it live.

My first draft accompanying comment was along the lines of 'gosh, just how long do they need to showcase Josie's best bits?!' but I couldn't find a way of wording that which didn't sound like it was straight out of a Carry On film...
MA
Meridian AM
You need to send that into Daytime Snaps on twitter

Did Phil and Holly react to it?

They didn't mention it or giggle.
JO
Jonwo
Alison and Dermot's first show tomorrow which will be interesting to watch.
FL
Flux
Jonwo posted:

I wonder if they have their own cut of the opening titles?
AL
alexjac0788
Flux posted:
Jonwo posted:

It took Eamonn & Ruth over 10 years to even have their names featured on the title cards (and a few more years to even feature in the titles themselves), so it would be a real insult to them if Alison & Dermot suddenly got their own titles.
LV
LondonViewer
Flux posted:
Jonwo posted:

It took Eamonn & Ruth over 10 years to even have their names featured on the title cards (and a few more years to even feature in the titles themselves), so it would be a real insult to them if Alison & Dermot suddenly got their own titles.

So big kudos if anyone gets their own titles.
MA
Meridian AM
Eamonn and Ruth have been in the titles since 2007/08, as seen in the sequences from around 06:00 onwards in this video:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6undnt

Until 2015, it was always just called 'This Morning' in the opening titles and title cards. Then it became 'This Morning with Phillip and Holly' in 2015 and 'This Morning with Eamonn and Ruth' from 2017. (Between 2015 and 2017, Eamonn and Ruth editions were - IMO unfairly - still just called 'This Morning').

2007 titles at around 05:20 here:

Eamonn and Ruth launched a new look in 2009:
JO
Johnr
Alison to Graham Norton : “Do you still have your dog?!”

Graham : “No, dead!”

Oops...
FL
Flux
Eamonn and Ruth have been in the titles since 2007/08, as seen in the sequences from around 06:00 onwards in this video:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6undnt

Until 2015, it was always just called 'This Morning' in the opening titles and title cards. Then it became 'This Morning with Phillip and Holly' in 2015 and 'This Morning with Eamonn and Ruth' from 2017. (Between 2015 and 2017, Eamonn and Ruth editions were - IMO unfairly - still just called 'This Morning').

2007 titles at around 05:20 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTHscOk5asg

Eamonn and Ruth launched a new look in 2009:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRmLBFD3Iks

IIRC There was also an era back in the Phil and Fern days where they started naming presenters in full at the end of the titles (I distinctly remember “This Morning with Fern Britton & Paul O’Grady”) but I don’t think it lasted very long.

As you say, Ruth & Eamonn had their own version of the purple titles for years and were then sacrilegiously dropped when the new white and green look came in. Thankfully they were eventually reintroduced (waving at a previously recorded shot of Phil, who didn’t wave back!) but it took a while.

Newer posts