The Newsroom

Armed Insurrection at US Capitol Building

Split from US ELECTIONS 2020 Coverage (January 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
Katty Kay now anchoring a special which PBS, World and the NC are taking.

Extraordinary scenes from the Capitol.
Last edited by Newsroom on 8 January 2021 4:04pm
OM
Omnipresent
Extraordinary scenes from Washington on CNN right now, though CNNI just cutaway for “100 Club” and “Dubai Downtime” trail!
WW
WW Update
Extraordinary scenes from Washington on CNN right now, though CNNI just cutaway for “100 Club” and “Dubai Downtime” trail!

I couldn't believe it either. Amazing incompetence by whoever made this call.
BB
BBI45

By the looks of it, it was unintentional.
JA
james-2001

Does seem to sum up CNNI in a nutshell though, showing inconsequential crap like this while important news is happening. If it was African Voices they'd cut to it would almost be a cliche.
BB
BBI45
GO
gottago
Ah I've missed the 100 Club since becoming acquainted with it in November. Looking forward to watching that and adverts for random African banks over and over again this evening.
FG
FraserGJ
CNN have just gone to commercial/filler, it was abrupt so obviously something scheduled and not overridden
BBI45 posted:

Yeah looked to be accidental, almost exactly at 8pm GMT.

Took several minutes to fix though which surprised me... Probably stunned at what is going on though...
UL
UsuallyLurks
Laura Kuenssberg doing herself no favours whatsoever with this.

"Scuffles"?!
BF
BFGArmy
Laura Kuenssberg doing herself no favours whatsoever with this.

"Scuffles"?!

She really should think before she tweets and stop using Twitter as her personal notepad.
What a dreadful choice of words!
NE
Newsroom
CNN have just gone to commercial/filler, it was abrupt so obviously something scheduled and not overridden
BBI45 posted:

Yeah looked to be accidental, almost exactly at 8pm GMT.

Took several minutes to fix though which surprised me... Probably stunned at what is going on though...

Totally accidental. CNN’s coverage of this circus has been flawless.

And if anyone needed reminding of their Free UK stream (which works perfectly beamed to a tv). Here it is.

https://www.cnn.com/specials/live-cnni-uk
scottishtv, WW Update and Meridian AM gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Interestingly RT covering the Assange extradition whilst this is live on other channels.

Presume it's live on the US networks - and to be honest I think it warrants breaking coverage on BBC1/ ITV - truly astonishing scenes.

Newer posts