The Newsroom

Granada Reports

(November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Gamal Fahnbulleh is the new co-presenter of Granada Reports.

JN
JoshNews
I just spotted the same tweet from Sarah-Jane. I wonder if she's let the cat out of the bag a little too soon?

Either way, a very good get by ITV and the team at Granada. Gamal is a brilliant presenter, and I'm sure he'll get on very well with Lucy.
BA
Ballyboy
He was on in the past. not sure when he left. but I think he and Lucy will be great
ST
South Today
He used to be at Granada many years ago at Quay Street.
MA
Markymark

Oh. That explains why Isobel Lang mentioned he was leaving on this morning's Sky breakfast programme. He said he was off to 'pastures new'.
LL
London Lite Founding member
An excellent choice. He has big boots to fill.
GM
GMc
Great choice. I would imagine it won't be long before he gets a shot at national ITV Weekend News bulletins.
WO
Worzel
I'd like to think and hope he'd be picked up by BBC News at some point. Could easily see him fronting the News channel or national bulletins.
IT
itsrobert Founding member

I seem to think he was there during the teal era, so maybe sometime between about 2006 and 2009, give or take. He was a bulletin reader at that time.
BR
Brekkie
Seems a good signing then from the comments here. I wonder though if with things as they are at the moment whether going double headed again may be delayed a few weeks.
RO
rob Founding member

I seem to think he was there during the teal era, so maybe sometime between about 2006 and 2009, give or take. He was a bulletin reader at that time.

He was:

London Lite, Roger Darthwell and itsrobert gave kudos
NW
nwtv2003
Gamal has now been confirmed as the new presenter:

Newer posts