Beat the Chasers S2 launches Sun 3 Jan

CR
Critique Anglia (East) Look East
I'm sure the screen DID open up...!
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
iloveTV1 and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I wondered where they were going when they walked off. I thought maybe the screen opened up, but no, it appears they are just walking up to it. Didn't they used to go off set to the right?

Yes, that seems odd. Agree re: the graphics - they just seem so cheap.

The first and second contestants really highlighted how discretionary the offers are, the second getting much better offers off the back of a £1k win compared to a £4k win for the first. The last offers seemed harsh on both time and money, other than the top offer.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
JO
Jonwo
I was really impressed with the student but he lost his nerve in the last 20 seconds which cost him the win. I tend to not to be critical of contestants not doing well because it's easy to play along at home but even the smartest person crumble under pressure.
Brekkie and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I wondered where they were going when they walked off. I thought maybe the screen opened up, but no, it appears they are just walking up to it. Didn't they used to go off set to the right?

Yes, that seems odd. Agree re: the graphics - they just seem so cheap.

The first and second contestants really highlighted how discretionary the offers are, the second getting much better offers off the back of a £1k win compared to a £4k win for the first. The last offers seemed harsh on both time and money, other than the top offer.

The offers are always a point of contention. I sometimes think getting more questions right in the cash-builder means the chasers "take you more seriously" so-to-speak with the element of risk in the offers.

If you think our offers are harsh, try this in the new Dutch version, 10 second advantage against 5 'champions' for about £25k.

To me the 4 chaser option usually seems to be the most sensible for risk v reward.
Stay at Home. Watch TV. Post about it on TVF.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
UBox posted:
AxG posted:
The mishmash of fonts annoys me, especially the use of Arial.

They've changed the fonts on the graphics since last season for no reason whatsoever, and the Australia version used a different font again. Love the consistency!

Think it was a strong first episode but it does miss the audience which helped the atmosphere. Like the updated set although the player walk-off where they walk towards the screen does look a bit silly.

I don't know why they don't just use the same font The Chase does.
BR
Having watched the Aussie version actually think the format probably works better with 4 Chasers than 5.
TV
iloveTV1 London London
Having watched the Aussie version actually think the format probably works better with 4 Chasers than 5.

There will probably be 6 chasers for the next UK series.
Joined on 29th December 2019.
GO
gottago London London
Am I right in saying there's still another series of this with an audience from the first batch recorded? I wonder if they're saving those ones for when restrictions are eased and audiences are allowed back into venues so they've got a 'normal' looking series to show straight away.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
Am I right in saying there's still another series of this with an audience from the first batch recorded? I wonder if they're saving those ones for when restrictions are eased and audiences are allowed back into venues so they've got a 'normal' looking series to show straight away.

I think I’ve read conflicting reports with regards to whether they shot two runs.

Meanwhile, the US version appears to have the two non-playing Chasers on set and contributing to the show during recordings. I guess it’s also possible that all Chasers play a round in each episode like on our Christmas specials.

BR
A reminder of how lucky we are to have Bradders.
DE88, Roger Darthwell and Jon gave kudos
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

There will probably be 6 chasers for the next UK series.

Darragh has strongly hinted that in his tweets in the last 24 hours. Whether that is all 6 chasers competing each time (which it probably should be so the format retains the idea of beating all of the chasers being the ultimate challenge) or one sitting out every night, we don't know. Depending on travel, the Aus version might have 6 chasers next time too.
Stay at Home. Watch TV. Post about it on TVF.
BR
Six really would be too many. I'd actually prefer 4 of the 6 at a time than 5 I think. Guess they could have all 6 on set but a maximum of 5 playing at a time - that might be more practical than having one sit out of each show considering they like to build the episodes together in the edit.
UBox and Roger Darthwell gave kudos

Newer posts