TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

(January 2021)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IJ
IanJRedman
It's a long way off, but the tabloids are already claiming that the show is hesitant to sign Bruno, in case travel restrictions still remain in the autumn. Allegedly, last year he was paid half his usual salary in return for his Zoom appearances. Possible Anton return?

Apologies for the dubious source, but this seems to be the origin of the story - it may yet turn out to be nonsense.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9106875/TALK-TOWN-Bruno-Tonioli-set-stay-Strictly-States.html
JO
Jonwo
TBH they don’t have to make a decision until the Spring or Summer. They don’t really need him and I suspect he would prefer to stay in the US and film Dancing with the Stars as it pays a lot more.
JK
JKDerry
He should have been paid 5% of his usual salary, as he was barely on the show, apart from the weekly 5 minute review on the Sunday night results show. Why was he even paid half his salary? Disgraceful waste of licence fee money, for little work in return.
DE
DE88
F*** the Daily Mail. The only thing it does right is its puzzle section.

(Again, no disrespect intended towards those who do enjoy reading it. And no disrespect intended towards Ian, either, for linking to one of its articles.)
DW
DavidWhitfield
The tabloids are already claiming that the show is hesitant to sign Bruno, in case travel restrictions still remain in the autumn .

This kind of statement is why I've been limiting "news" consumption since March.
There's nothing factual here, just sensationalist, scaremongering nonsense which nobody could possibly have any idea of at this stage.
There's no wonder many people are feeling hopeless and struggling with mental health issues when you read stuff like this.
JO
Jon

There's no wonder many people are feeling hopeless and struggling with mental health issues when you read stuff like this.

I like Bruno too, but that’s a bit drastic!
CraigWills, JamesWorldNews and Cavan gave kudos
IT
itvblocks
DE88 posted:
F*** the Daily Mail. The only thing it does right is its puzzle section.

(Again, no disrespect intended towards those who do enjoy reading it. And no disrespect intended towards Ian, either, for linking to one of its articles.)

The tabloids are already claiming that the show is hesitant to sign Bruno, in case travel restrictions still remain in the autumn .

This kind of statement is why I've been limiting "news" consumption since March.
There's nothing factual here, just sensationalist, scaremongering nonsense which nobody could possibly have any idea of at this stage.

Daily Mail and The Sun, never liked those two sources.

Going on a tangent, but these are not stories, this is just hurting people at this point, especially in the times we are in.

From somebody who has had their shares of mental lows during the pandemic, I completely agree, I've seen these types of stories online accidentally and my mood would change in an instant, I could be all happy, then I'll flick onto the wrong end of Google accidentally and I'll get really angry and sad.
BFGArmy, DE88 and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
JC
JCB
Nobody can know for sure what life will be like in August but surely that's the point of preparing ahead for all eventualities? It would be pretty stupid not to.
IJ
IanJRedman
Just to clarify, I'm no fan of the Daily Mail or its ilk, either - I certainly didn't intend to spread anxieties or lend credence to that style of reporting. Just thought the story may be of some interest. Apologies Smile
IT
itvblocks
Just to clarify, I'm no fan of the Daily Mail or its ilk, either - I certainly didn't intend to spread anxieties or lend credence to that style of reporting. Just thought the story may be of some interest. Apologies Smile

It's okay, you didn't.

I was just giving what I thought about the parties involved and my previous experiences with their "stories"

Anyways, let's not dive too far into this, this is a "Strictly Come Dancing" thread after all.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
Strictly just advertised on ITV's ECP after Beat the Chasers (albeit for BritBox).

'And you can head over to BritBox to watch some great shows like Love Island and Strictly Come Dancing'

Havn't seen them advertise BBC content on BritBox in their ECP before.
:-(
A former member
I felt it was perfectly fine without Bruno considering the smaller scale of the event this year. Should Tess depart, it would be even better.

My 2p's worth.

Newer posts