TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UN
unique11
The Blob is certainly comedian Lenny Henry ( links to be a teacher in waterloo Road, big glasses,) things to look out for next time things about tizwas, trevor Mcdougal news reader, bucket of water song. Bush Baby is presenter/magician Stephen Mulhern. (links to animals do the funniest things, national lottery ball draw presenter , potato being mr chips catchphrase, magician act).

Lenny Henry has never been in Waterloo Road.
AG
AxG
Stephen Mulhern is not Bush Baby, the voice just doesn't match.
BR
Brekkie
He did play a teacher in Hope and Glory though.

Show was up to 5.25m last night, about a million up on it's Boxing Day debut and top show of the night.
Last edited by Brekkie on 3 January 2021 3:04pm
JA
james-2001
The two shows were similar, I'd mixed up the two in my head as well this morning.
GL
Gluben
AxG posted:
Stephen Mulhern is not Bush Baby, the voice just doesn't match.

I think it’s a fake accent as it’s far too exaggerated. I agree with the clues that Bush Baby is Stephen Mulhern.

I also agree that Blob is Lenny Henry, and not just due to the voice. He did play a teacher in Hope and Glory, the word “waists” in the video is an anagram of Tiswas, and on the A-Z on the chalkboard, R = Red and N = Nose. Also, a site about him has a quote saying that he wanted to be Batman or a secret agent.

I think Grandfather Clock is Rio Ferdinand, albeit he never played for Spurs. No idea about Harlequin or Viking and didn’t guess Seahorse.
TR
Truthfinder
The Blob is certainly comedian Lenny Henry ( links to be a teacher in waterloo Road, big glasses,) things to look out for next time things about tizwas, trevor Mcdonaldl news reader, bucket of water song. Bush Baby is presenter/magician Stephen Mulhern. (links to animals do the funniest things, national lottery ball draw presenter , potato being mr chips catchphrase, magician act).

Lenny Henry has never been in Waterloo Road.

Sorry I meant it to be hope and glory as a teacher in it.
IT
itvblocks
Episode 2, first episode of the new year! Let's go!!!

(again only just watched it now cause I was doing other things yesterday!)

Harlequin: What a start to the episode! - Had such a great voice, think it might be a journalist?

Blob: I didn't expect such a deep voice! The teacher clue and the voice is really throwing me off here.

Seahorse: For fun, I went for Holly Willoughby, but Holly does not have a Northern voice.

It ended up being Mel B in the end, to the delight of the panel, understandable that it was Mel B because of the physique, most definitely.

Viking: What a beautiful voice, I think everybody expected the stereotypical, viking accent.

Although I haven't watched these shows, could he be somebody from Game of Thrones/Vikings or similar shows? Is that too obvious?

Going down the whole, "King" route, I think it also might be somebody from The "King's" Speech?

Bush Baby: Absolutely love this character. Is it Joe Swash putting on an Aussie accent? (thought it was him before one of the judges mentioned it)

Grandfather's Clock: My guess is David Seamen, but my second guess is Glen Hoddle because of the Spurs reference.
Last edited by itvblocks on 3 January 2021 8:31pm - 3 times in total
IT
itvblocks
Also watched the first two episodes of "The Masked Singer: Unmasked", I thought it was pretty good!

There's been a lot of criticism about the "behind the scenes" shows being on ITV Hub, but I thought this was quite good, even if I do miss the old line "switch over to ITV2 for a look behind the scenes and an interview with tonight's unmasked singer!"
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
He did play a teacher in Hope and Glory though.

Show was up to 5.25m last night, about a million up on it's Boxing Day debut and top show of the night.

Also worth noting at the end of his intro piece was a line about "making a good first impression" or similar. If I recall correctly (from a Bob Monkhouse documentary) Lenny's first TV appearance was on Opportunity Knocks doing an impression of Frank Spencer.
HC
Hatton Cross
ATV's New Faces rather than Op Knocks.
But, good spot with the clue connection.
RO
robertclark125
I haven't watched the show, but when it comes to Harlequin, may I suggest Ugo Moyne? He used to play for Harlequins!
BR
Brekkie
Sausage defo an X Factor alumni - Stacey, Leona or Alexandra. Sure Sheridan Smith was too busy giving birth when this was filmed.

Robin - Danny Jones
Swan - Kimberley Wyatt
Badger - Brian Cox
Dragon - sticking with Sara Pascoe
Last edited by Brekkie on 9 January 2021 8:10pm - 3 times in total

Newer posts