TV Home Forum

Smtv Live reunion

(August 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Johnr
Interestingly Cat did the Graham Norton slot on Radio 2 this morning and was quite good at it too! Maybe the BBC have some plans for her longer term...

She even got to interview Peter Kay which was a nice surprise considering he has been out of the limelight for several months! Momma Mia Very Happy
Last edited by Johnr on 2 January 2021 2:42pm
LO
loydy
Johnr posted:
Interestingly Cat did the Graham Norton slot on Radio 2 this morning and was quite good at it too! Maybe the BBC have some plans for her longer term...

She even got to interview Peter Kay which was a nice surprise considering he has been out of the limelight for several months! Momma Mia Very Happy

I think she'd be fantastic doing the breakfast show. I suspect they're trialing a lot of the guest hosts for future shows in the interim before Claudia Winkleman takes over the slot. She's a great presenter and really likeable so hopefully we'll be seeing her on screen again in the near future.
JA
james-2001
Speaking of Claudia, is she up for a Tricky reunion any time soon? Wink
LO
loydy
Speaking of Claudia, is she up for a Tricky reunion any time soon? Wink

We can only hope not! Laughing
JA
james-2001
Just come across this edition on YouTube:

Has both the final F'art attack where the real Neil Buchanan turns up, and a Wonkey Donkey where they thought they'd come up with a difficult one, then the first caller gets it straight away- which leaves Dec as angry as when they come up with ridiculous things that don't rhyme. A shame neither of those bits ended up in the documentry!

Also the first couple of minutes has the CD:UK DOG up by mistake rather than the CITV one.
PS
PaddyofScotland
Johnr posted:
One 'getting away with it' memory I vividly have is the time Dec 'collapsed' on April 1st...I don't think ITV were too happy with scaring the kids that Dec was on the floor unconscious but it worked as it is one of the first things I remember if you mention 'SMTV' to me 25+ years later! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zGlujuLJng

I actually uploaded that.
AB
AcerBen
It was odd how it said 1998-2003 at the end when they'd repeatedly talked about the show only being on for 3 years. Did they even mention the Tess, Brian, H & Claire era?
JA
james-2001
The captions for H & Claire and Stephen Mulhern did mention they'd presented SM:TV, but they didn't show any of them actually talking about their time on the show. Nor did they even mention Cat was still on the show for several months after Ant & Dec left.

The 1998-2003 thing was taken from the final episode- they also showed the preceding clip of Conor McAnally turning off the studio lights.
ME
mediaman2007
Interesting chat here with Cat on the Chris Evans podcast where she talks SMTV from 11 minutes in and how she was recruited for the show https://shows.acast.com/chris-evans-how-to-wow/episodes/cat-deeley
FL
Flux
It was odd how it said 1998-2003 at the end when they'd repeatedly talked about the show only being on for 3 years. Did they even mention the Tess, Brian, H & Claire era?

This has been discussed numerous times in this thread already. Apart from some text on name straps and clips from the final ever show (edited to look like they were from Ant and Dec’s final show) they completely ignored the fact the show continued after they left.
SL
Slocker
If there was a dvd of the show what would you want included?
VM
VMPhil
If there was a dvd of the show what would you want included?

The first ever episode. With commentary.

Newer posts