TV Home Forum

Christmas TV 2020

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PC
Philip Cobbold
Was that all live then? The drones were incredibly good, and the fireworks seemed better than normal as well. It was nice to see them using different locations for a change, rather than always just having the on the London Eye.
JK
JKDerry
It was all live from London and it was FANTASTIC! I was not expecting the fireworks. Loved Tower Bridge fireworks, we have always had the London Eye as the focal point for the fireworks, it is great seeing other London landmarks getting to show off. SUPERB!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
JA
james-2001
Was that all live then? The drones were incredibly good, and the fireworks seemed better than normal as well. It was nice to see them using different locations for a change, rather than always just having the on the London Eye.

Probably easier to set up more cameras without people everywhere.
Last edited by james-2001 on 1 January 2021 12:53am
JO
Josh
Music mixes courtesy of On the Sly.
https://onthesly.com/
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
That display was so much better than every other year. We saw more than just the London eye.

In an ideal world where the devolved nations didn't hate each other they could work together to do displays in London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast and have a combination of all of them produced live.

Loved McCoys little piece about there being no 2020 highlights.
JV
James Vertigan Founding member

Talk on social media is that it was pre-recorded in order to stop crowds from gathering - done on Tuesday apparently.
GE
thegeek Founding member
With just twenty minutes to the New Year, there are lots of us RF engineers sat here ready to go with the live OB - the biggest in the UK I've done this year.

Looked great - and glad to see you got that uplink clearance sorted Smile

There's one more New Year tradition that's being done a little differently, and that's the Vienna Philharmonic's concert. No audience in the hall this year, and the BBC's presenter will be in London. (Suppose I'd better get some sleep now as I'm getting it on air in the morning. Happy new year, all!)
JO
Josh

Talk on social media is that it was pre-recorded in order to stop crowds from gathering - done on Tuesday apparently.

I heard they said it was pre-recorded in order to stop crowds from gathering when in actuality it was live. Besides, commseng even said there were "lots of us RF engineers sat here ready to go with the live OB".
UT
Upload TV

It was live. There’s lots of photos/videos on Twitter from the light show on Tower Bridge/The Shard.

Last edited by Upload TV on 1 January 2021 1:54am
CA
Cando
With just twenty minutes to the New Year, there are lots of us RF engineers sat here ready to go with the live OB - the biggest in the UK I've done this year.
It's a lot of work gone into the 10 minutes that we will be on air for.
I hope you all enjoy it, and Happy New Year from us all in the RF trucks in Central London.

Congratulations on a job well done.
JO
Jonwo
I don't think something like that could be prerecorded because it would be on social media and the newspaper within seconds.
ST
steddenm
Was this not rehearsed somewhere like the Cotswolds back in November? Am sure that BBC West Midlands Today and ITV Central West had a story about this which featured the Captain Sir Tom More and NHS drone footage?

Newer posts