TV Home Forum

Doctor Who - Revolution Of The Daleks

New Years Day - 6:45pm - BBC One ... 8pm (US) - BBC America (December 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DJ
DJGM
Tomorrow evening we have the premiere of the new Doctor Who episode "Revolution Of The Daleks". Highlights include:

<-> New look Daleks based upon the design first seen in the NY2019 special "Resolution", introduced as "Defence Drones"
<-> The Doctor trapped in an alien prison after being sent there by the Judoon. Rumour is, this alien prison maybe Shada.
<-> Graham, Ryan and Yaz on board a TARDIS that isn't the Doctor's TARDIS, with slightly more classic TARDIS design.

Oh, and a certain Captain Jack Harkness is back (again) and maybe helps get The Doctor out of the alien prison.

Meanwhile, I'm watching a Doctor Who marathon (in the lead up to the new episode) on BBC America.
Roger Darthwell and johnnyboy gave kudos
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
Personally very excited about the return of Captain Jack, my favourite main character from the last 15 years of the rebooted series.

I rewatched every Torchwood earlier this year when recovering from illness and it reminded me just how much I missed Torchwood and Captain Jack's involvement in various Doctor adventures.

Captain Jack is... BACK!!!
AD
adamiow
I echo those sentiments - having watched all of Torchwood again earlier in the year, it was such a good show.

Hopefully, Captain Jack's appearance will give the show a boost and a bit more of energy and fun.
PA
paul_hadley
I haven’t watched since the latest incarnation of the Doctor was introduced. I may give this a go purely on the basis of Captain Jack being back.
Richard and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
NA
natwel27
I'm holding out hope for this special as it seems as though it has a lot to offer and could be up there with the greats if executed well. I'm also getting RTD era finale vibes from the trailers and promotional materials. Captain Jack returning can't be a bad thing either. Fingers crossed.
JC
JCB
Yeah, the show could do with a bit of lightness Injected back into it. It won't happen but I'd love to see Jodie's Doctor in a Russel T Davies penned story.
:-(
A former member
It feels from the trailer that this may well be a Doctor-lite episode. Hopefully I'm wrong, but with her in a prison and all the action taking place well away from there (it seems) I'm intrigued how it will pan out.
JKDerry and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
JK
JKDerry
According to some Doctor Who news sites on YouTube and online that this will be a doctor-lite episode, with Captain Jack really taking control, and also according to one Doctor Who site there is a possibility for a set change in the Doctor's TARDIS which is why they use a different one for this special, leading into a reveal of a new TARDIS interior for the upcoming new series.

As with all Doctor Who YouTube sites and websites, I of course take all of their "sources" with a pinch of salt, but one of these YouTube channels has nearly always been spot on with their sources and updates.
JB
JexedBack
And also available in UHD on the iPlayer!
NG
noggin Founding member
And also available in UHD on the iPlayer!

Though sadly it won't be 5.1 on iPlayer Sad
JO
Josh
Looks like they've uploaded the episode to iPlayer about 10 minutes early...
Matthew_Fieldhouse, IanJRedman and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
The aspect ratio still annoys me. The news graphics look guff in that format.

Newer posts