TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
Mrs Brown's Boys was filmed with a reduced cast. The rest of the cast joined in the traditional sing-a-long by video call.

The ones who haven’t left the show!
JK
JKDerry
Jon posted:
Mrs Brown's Boys was filmed with a reduced cast. The rest of the cast joined in the traditional sing-a-long by video call.

By "left" I think you mean sacked by Brendan
BR
Brekkie
The Would I Lie To You set works quite well - generally speaking separate desks look much better than a longer desk.
MI
m_in_m

Interesting from Sophie's comments it seems broadcasting the news from home was under consideration for the BBC.
IT
IndigoTucker
Well Channel Five did it rather successfully.
JA
JAS84

Interesting from Sophie's comments it seems broadcasting the news from home was under consideration for the BBC.

That magazine cover is funny! Laughing
BR
Brekkie
Casualty will be killing off a cast member with coronavirus when it returns.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/casualty/a35065079/casualty-spoilers-coronavirus-episode-death-amanda-mealing/
LL
London Lite Founding member
Jon posted:

By "left" I think you mean sacked by Brendan

He wrote them out by saying they were stuck in Wuhan!
SW
Steve Williams

In Pip Schofield's autobiography, which I got yesterday and read today (I assume I turned to a different chapter first than most people who got it), he says all the ITV daytime presenters got home broadcasting set-ups, just in case.
BR
Brekkie
BBC1 showing Traces in the New Year, a drama previously shown on Alibi. Staged also returns to fillnout the hour.
JO
Jonwo
BBC1 showing Traces in the New Year, a drama previously shown on Alibi. Staged also returns to fillnout the hour.

I imagine it was acquired to fill the gap left by Silent Witness which isn't airing in its usual slot.
BR
Brekkie
Productions in LA have been urged to pause production for a few weeks by local health officials.
https://deadline.com/2020/12/los-angleles-coronavirus-surge-film-tv-production-pause-ask-1234662259/

Newer posts