TV Home Forum

Martin Lambie-Nairn has died

(December 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Very sad news for all television presentation fans....

BA
Ballyboy
Heartbreaking news. he was one of the best. A massive inspiration to me because of the April 2008 rebrand of bbc news. he will be sadly missed. RIP
Last edited by Ballyboy on 28 December 2020 12:16pm - 3 times in total
DB
dbl
Truly sad news! No one can doubt his visual contribution to British Television
JL
jlmiller
I’m in shock. Always thought that he was one of the pioneers in modern TV presentation. His designs for the BBC, including the balloon and the 2’s, as well as the Channel 4 logo, were iconic, and defined my early childhood. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. RIP.
PA
Parker
A really talented man who created the most famous UK visualisation. What a legacy.
BR
Brekkie
Sad news - probably had more impact on television presentation than any individual but will be anonymous to most.
MK
Mr Kite
I’m in shock. Always thought that he was one of the pioneers in modern TV presentation. His designs for the BBC, including the balloon and the 2’s, as well as the Channel 4 logo, were iconic, and defined my early childhood. My thoughts go out to his friends and family. RIP.

And the Anglia flag, which people tend not to associate with him. Overnight, Anglia went from possibly the most dated looking ITV company to the most contemporary.
AN
Anglialad
Devastating to hear - I've always been a huge fan of his work, which has brought success to many of his clients, particularly for BBC Two and BBC News. 2 very memorable pieces of branding.

Thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.
What a loss.
R.I.P
MD
mdtauk
It was the work of Martin Lambie-Nairn which made me pursue Design in College and University, and inspired me in my formative years. A talent, artist, and a wealth of experience has been lost.

RIP Martin
RO
rob Founding member
It was that iconic Channel 4 logo that sparked my interest in television presentation. The BBC One balloon era is still one of my favourite eras of television presentation ever.
FA
fanoftv
That’s such sad news to read. He was exceptional in his craft and came up with such iconic branding for channels and strands helping to shape the design of tv branding in the UK. RIP
LL
Larry the Loafer
What horrible news Crying or Very sad

Newer posts