TV Home Forum

Smtv Live reunion

ME
mediaman2007
And has anyone seen Dane since 2003?
DE88, Jacq and james-2001 gave kudos
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Must have locked him back in the bedroom.
DE88 and mediaman2007 gave kudos
TI
TIGHazard Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
RDJ posted:
I liked it. A great look back from the beginnings to its heyday... of course omitting the last two years.

The only clip they shown from those days was the final scene from the final episode with the fireworks. Had to love that Stephen Mulhern was credited as an SMTV presenter, but wouldn’t acknowledge it himself only admitting that Ministry of Mayhem wasn’t as good as SMTV.

I do also like how they used the 3 versions of the theme music while Ant & Dec hosted into and out of breaks in order of when they were used! Nice touch!

Seems like it got a positive reaction. Hopefully it will spur them on to bring it back, maybe in the form of SN:tv Live on a Saturday evening . Like the TFI Friday resurrection a few years back.

Don't forget it was originally supposed to be a revival.
DJ Dave and DeMarkay gave kudos
JA
RDJ posted:
The only clip they shown from those days was the final scene from the final episode with the fireworks. Had to love that Stephen Mulhern was credited as an SMTV presenter, but wouldn’t acknowledge it himself only admitting that Ministry of Mayhem wasn’t as good as SMTV.

Not that his era of SM:TV was much to write home about either... unless you consider Backside and Ghost Busted to be the pinnacle of the show. Wasn't really Stephen's fault though, I just think everyone behind the scenes knew the end was near and had given up by then.

MoM did get better as it went on. Was quite dire in the early days though, especially with the edu-tainment angle they were clearly going for at first. Then they slashed the budget and turned it into Saturday Showdown.
Last edited by james-2001 on 26 December 2020 5:07pm
ME
mediaman2007
RDJ posted:

Not that his era of SM:TV was much to write home about either... unless you consider Backside and Ghost Busted to be the pinnacle of the show.

The Stephen and Des era at the end seemed to be like they had decent people on screen again but the show had been axed or everyone knew it was about to be axed so they had neither the will or money to make it work. I think Stephen is a great presenter.
JA
There did seem to be some effort put in for the 2003 revamp, but it seemed to quickly fade, especially when Tess and Brian left and Shavaughn just disappeared in quick succession of each other and Stephen was drafted in. Being shunted to a small studio in Riverside didn't help either, but it had already been axed by then anyway.

I wonder what would have happened if they had drafted Dick & Dom? I'm guessing it was around the time they failed to do that when they just gave up because it was presumably a make or break move for SM:TV.
Last edited by james-2001 on 26 December 2020 5:18pm
JO
Josh
A remastered version of the titles (as featured in today's show I presume) by Atom Pictures:
It looks like someone's bleached the Minions.
Ant, Jonny and paul_hadley gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay London London
I'd love to know what fonts are used for the logo, if anyone knows?
AT
AlsoTonight Granada North West Today
Can somebody give me a list of the CD:UK presenters? There was a woman, for the life of me I can’t remember, and I’m sure she only hosted once. She was on the internet about 10 or more years ago and she was an absolutely nasty piece of work on Twitter. For the life of me can’t remember who she was, needless to say she was never seen or heard from again?
AT
AlsoTonight Granada North West Today
Whilst I’m at it. Can somebody document to me what happened with Shavaughn Ruakere?
DB
dbl London London
Can somebody give me a list of the CD:UK presenters? There was a woman, for the life of me I can’t remember, and I’m sure she only hosted once. She was on the internet about 10 or more years ago and she was an absolutely nasty piece of work on Twitter. For the life of me can’t remember who she was, needless to say she was never seen or heard from again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD:UK#Presenters
JB
JasonB London London
I missed this this morning (I had forgotten about it) did they mention chums after And and Dec left or are they still pretending they didn’t happen?
Have you washed your hands?

Newer posts