The Newsroom

BBC News this Christmas - impact of cuts & Covid

No evening BBC 1 bulletins Xmas day & Boxing day

RD
RDJ Recently warned Central (West) Midlands Today
So no special festive close this year?

Not like we usually get. Just a virtual choir singing ‘Merry Christmas to you’.

If a new Christmas close was created for this year, we might see it in today’s bulletins given yesterday’s Breaking News.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
NE
News96 Look North (Yorkshire)
Festive Ident revealed at the end of the Lunchtime Bulletin.

RD
RDJ Recently warned Central (West) Midlands Today
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
Putting this here .... 'The Queen' being described as a 'Lifestyle' programme on BBC iPlayer, second row .....

FC
FrancesC
It looks like there isn’t a domestic style sting… The 1645 update used the World version.
DH
DH33 Granada North West Today
They seem to be using studio E all day. Also I don't think they used this many news presenters last Christmas day. I'm sure it was 4 hours a shift starting from
midday.
BB
bbc247 London London
Yeah there seems to be a lot of presenters being used today compared to previous years - especially since they're simulcasting all day today.

Today's lineup:

1-6am - Freya Cole
6-10am - Tim Willcox
10-2pm - Reeta Chakrabarti
2-4pm - Shaun Ley
4-8pm - Karin G
8-9pm - Jane Hill
9-?pm - Lucy Grey
HB
HarryB Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
DH33 posted:
They seem to be using studio E all day. Also I don't think they used this many news presenters last Christmas day. I'm sure it was 4 hours a shift starting from
midday.

Tim and Reeta were in Studio C until about
Midday I believe.

8-9pm - Jane Hill

Jane also is doing the BBC One bulletins this Afternoon and evening
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
That update this afternoon was a tad odd, the way it was announced “Strictly is here in a few minutes after a BBC News update” almost sounded like it was short notice breaking news, rather than a planned fixture.
DH
DH33 Granada North West Today
Yeah there seems to be a lot of presenters being used today compared to previous years - especially since they're simulcasting all day today.

Today's lineup:

1-6am - Freya Cole
6-10am - Tim Willcox
2-4pm - Shaun Ley
4-8pm - Karin G
8-9pm - Jane Hill
9-?pm - Lucy Grey

Just checked last year's presenters the only difference to this year's, is the shift timings and they didn't bring in an extra presenter for the main news on bbc 1.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse Central (West) Midlands Today
DH33 posted:

Today's lineup:

1-6am - Freya Cole
6-10am - Tim Willcox
2-4pm - Shaun Ley
4-8pm - Karin G
8-9pm - Jane Hill
9-?pm - Lucy Grey

Just checked last year's presenters the only difference to this year's, is the shift timings and they didn't bring in an extra presenter for the main news on bbc 1.

The only presenter who did both this year and last is Jane Hill, don't know about World News though but none of the others were on the news channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8EmCnoa_w4h6qqHHSwHf0Q
MM
MusicMan New member London London
I enjoyed the bbc news Christmas sting at the end of yesterday’s bulletin. I can’t remember them doing one last year?

Newer posts