TV Home Forum

Christmas TV 2020

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
Some freebies announced for Sky customers
Quote:
A Sky Store Christmas classic: It’s never too early for a Christmas film, and The Santa Clause is a firm family favourite. This year, The Santa Clause is available from Sky Store completely free of charge1 for Sky TV customers, to keep for many Christmases to come. Simply go to the Sky Store to download The Santa Clause for free between now and 31st December.

Sky Cinema on Sky One: All Sky TV customers will have access to a new premiere from Sky Cinema – the family blockbuster, Dolittle, starring Robert Downey Jr. The special screening, which usually costs extra through a Sky Cinema subscription, will be available on 26th December on Sky One.

A feast of Sky Sports: Whether you’re a family of football fans or devoted to darts, there’s something to get everyone cheering this Christmas with Sky Sports. On 26th December, Rangers vs. Hibernian and Hamilton vs. Celtic from the Scottish Premiership will be available for all Sky TV customers to watch on Sky One, while the following day (27th December), they will have access to the PDC World Darts Championships and Premier League action from Leeds Utd vs. Burnley and West Ham Utd vs. Brighton.

Plus some phone and mobile freebies.
https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/free-movies-premier-league-football-unlimited-mobile-data-and-worldwide-calls-for-sky-customers-this-christmas

11 days later

VM
VMPhil
BBC Two are repeating the Morecambe & Wise Christmas compilation today that was originally made for the A Perfect Christmas theme day back in 1991, 29 years ago, so it is older now than the original shows were then.
DE
DE88
Applemask has just released this year's Christmas Wrapping (because, of course, if he had his way Christmas idents would launch on Christmas Eve and not at the start of December). Wink

BR
Brekkie
Can't be very often that three of the main five channels change their schedule on Christmas Eve, and only one is due to Brexit.

P.S. I take it there has been no Christmas presentation of note beyond the main channels this year.
TE
tellyblues
The choice of films this year has been woeful. Plenty for kids but not much in the way for grown-ups (those with 15+ ratings I mean).

Actually, isn't there a bikini/nude scene in Christmas Vacation which I noticed is on at 11:25am on ITV. Will that be cut?
BR
Brekkie
Is this the first time Ant and Dec have had a Christmas Day show? I know they did a Christmas Night Takeaway once but I've a feeling that might have been Christmas Eve.
ME
mediaman2007
Is this the first time Ant and Dec have had a Christmas Day show? I know they did a Christmas Night Takeaway once but I've a feeling that might have been Christmas Eve.

Does SMTV in 1999 count
AA
Amber Avenger

Think World Idol was Christmas Day and that was them I think
BR
Brekkie
God, I'd completely forgotten about that. Is nice to have a variety show on Christmas Day.
ME
mediaman2007
Channel 4 continuity into Googlebox just said "merry christmas to you all from playout h at the broadcast centre in london, and also to our fellow broadcasters at the bbc, itv, channel 5, sky, netflix..."
JO
Jon
I’m probably in the minority, but I didn’t think Bradley’s Blankety Blank was great and actually think the Walliams version was probably the better programme. On paper it seemed like a great match, but it just didn’t seem right.
IS
Inspector Sands

Actually, isn't there a bikini/nude scene in Christmas Vacation which I noticed is on at 11:25am on ITV. Will that be cut?

It's been shown in the daytime for many years now, we watched our recording of it a couple of weeks ago - recorded from ITV when it was shown one afternoon - and it was still there. Its not really a problematic scene, no more so than many others - think about the famous scene from Carry on Camping for example

The bigger scheduling issue with that film is showing it after Christmas Day when it's a film about getting ready for Christmas Day. Seems a bit odd shown afterwards

Newer posts