Mass Media & Technology

Britbox UK - UK SVoD Platform.

£5.99 per month - Platform now live. (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
I'm surprised Sherlock took so long to appear on BritBox but I guess they've been waiting for the Netflix deal to expire.
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
We need Armstrong and Miller on there too.
UKnews, Anglialad and DeMarkay gave kudos
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
More old school classics coming in January

Dear old Simon Luxton would be over the moon with Grange Hill repeats.

Didn't he once try to launch an online Grange Hill channel with his extensive video tape archives?

RIP.
LTSC1980 and London Lite gave kudos
MI
Michael
Royle Family Christmas Special where Denise and Dave's baby is born is missing.
NW
nwtv2003
Royle Family Christmas Special where Denise and Dave's baby is born is missing.

As is The Golden Egg Cup, Joe’s Crackers and Barbara’s Old Ring. For some odd reason The Queen of Sheba is down as 2x 30 minute episodes.
MI
Michael
For some odd reason The Queen of Sheba is down as 2x 30 minute episodes.

I think it's one of those modular episodes, like Star Trek Voyager Dark Frontier, which can be presented in a variety of formats depending on the end customer.
MI
Michael
It *is* on iPlayer though. That's me sorted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006mbfy/the-royle-family?seriesId=b008md6b
NW
nwtv2003
The entire Mr Bean (live action) has been added to BritBox, but unfortunately they’ve got the cropped episodes that ITV4 show.
NG
noggin Founding member
The entire Mr Bean (live action) has been added to BritBox, but unfortunately they’ve got the cropped episodes that ITV4 show.

Given that BritBox UK is operated by ITV and handled by the ITV Hub team, I suspect that's why.

Are any of the BBC Joan Hickson Miss Marples on there? They were remastered in HD for a US Blu-ray release years ago (but haven't been released here in the UK on Blu-ray). The UK TV repeats are still from the 4:3 PAL original transfers by the look of it... If they were on Brit Box it would be interesting to see if they were nice, clean HD versions, or the muddy, 4:3 PAL composite originals.
NW
nwtv2003
Unfortunately I can’t take a screenshot with my iPhone using the BritBox app (must be a copyright filter) but the Joan Hickson Marple’s are in 4:3 on BritBox.
NG
noggin Founding member
Unfortunately I can’t take a screenshot with my iPhone using the BritBox app (must be a copyright filter) but the Joan Hickson Marple’s are in 4:3 on BritBox.

Ah - the Blu-rays were 4:3 pillarbox too, so that doesn't narrow it down.
AG
AxG
Here's a random screenshot from the first episode, which has the 'HD' label. There are a couple that don't have the label which do look worse.

Newer posts