TV Home Forum

The Chase | Beat the Chasers

Beat the Chasers S2 launches Sun 3 Jan

JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
The Hustler looks interesting too - turns out it's a format by Richard Bacon.

I bet it’s no Flipside.
Castries and bilky asko gave kudos
UB
UBox Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
First trailer for Beat the Champions, launching on RTL4 in the Netherlands on January 3. Also first version we've seen without an audience.
Stay at Home. Watch TV. Post about it on TVF.

9 days later

UB
New trailer for the US version shows the most we've seen of the show so far. The money is also, as expected, massive ($400k in one game) and the graphics and set look brilliant.

JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
It looks great. I imagine they’ll do their own thing with the music once again. But certainly looks decent so far.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Think this is the first regular socially distanced version, with both the wider desk and plexiglass between the contestants.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
Roger Darthwell and UBox gave kudos
JO
Josh
Looks like they've extended the answer desk too.
It looks like someone's bleached the Minions.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
The stage is extended too. Think the desk may be longer than the celeb version too.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
UB
Beat the Chasers returns tonight. Seems contestants walk out through the new C tunnel. As expected, they've upped the money with some £120k/£130k offers in the promo.

Beat the Champions also started in the Netherlands tonight. Not sure if anyone knows any ways of watching RTL4 from the UK?
PK
pk93 Central Reporting Scotland
Going by the glimpse the Chasers must have created a cohort bubble for filming as no screens between them by the look of things.
PK
AG
AxG Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The mishmash of fonts annoys me, especially the use of Arial.
fanoftv, Brekkie and Roger Darthwell gave kudos
UB
AxG posted:
The mishmash of fonts annoys me, especially the use of Arial.

They've changed the fonts on the graphics since last season for no reason whatsoever, and the Australia version used a different font again. Love the consistency!

Think it was a strong first episode but it does miss the audience which helped the atmosphere. Like the updated set although the player walk-off where they walk towards the screen does look a bit silly.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
I wondered where they were going when they walked off. I thought maybe the screen opened up, but no, it appears they are just walking up to it. Didn't they used to go off set to the right?

The fake laughter and applause stands out a lot with no audience.

Newer posts