TV Home Forum

TV Predictions 2021

TV Forum Tradition Since At Least 2018 (December 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JetixFann450
My prediction for 2021-

Gold goes on Freeview... Laughing Razz

*cough*
LN
LondonNewsBites
JAS84 posted:
That last one doesn't make sense. Sky One isn't on Freeview.

Sky NEWS, they said.
WH
what
- Local TV channels close down, the new Freeview rules lead to a scramble for their coveted Channel 8 slot.

- BBC Four closes.

- Increase in budget for BBC Three and the BBC One nighttime strand expanded as part of a push to reach more young people.

- Channel 5 wins Channel of the Year.

-
Ittr, Cold Open and BiggieSMLZ gave kudos
JO
Jon
-I’m a celebrity returns permanently to Australia. But a spin off gameshow based in the Castle is commissioned hosted by Vernon Kay called I’m A Celebrity: Locked in the Castle.
-Who Wants to be a Millionaire? is quietly axed due to lacklustre ratings. Christmas specials are recorded as part of the main run and features Chris Tarrant as a contestant.
-Winning Combination is recommissioned either replacing Tenable or swapping with it throughout the year.
-BBC One starts to try out different programmes in the Pointless slot including a revived Weakest Link.
- Have I Got News For You moves to Channel 4 and gains a permanent host.
-Future Premier League rights will see almost all games made available to broadcasters.
-GB News rates poorly on TV with most viewers consuming content via their social channnels.

Away from TV
-Zoe Ball leaves the Radio 2 breakfast show.
-Bauer rebrands all Hits network stations to Hits Radio including Scotland which will finally get the Greatest Hits brand.
FB
FBC
A slight year-on-year decrease in webcam based adverts.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
FBC posted:

Must admit the Teams advert that appeared in March was annoying and put me off the product for life:

Much prefer Zoom myself.
TG
Tim Goodwin1
The Digimon reboot will get a dub and aired on CITV Scrambled.

or maybe that is 2024, as Appmon will come later next year instead.

More How and Crystal Maze

After the success of Big Breakfast, it will get more commissions.

Saturday Mashup gets axed, Crackerjack is a hit and gets repeated on Saturday mornings before Live and Kicking gets a revival in a few years time making Crackerjack the spring replacement, with Summers being taken over by the Summer social

This maybe is heart speaking more than head if not predicting further into the future.
JA
JAS84
JAS84 posted:
That last one doesn't make sense. Sky One isn't on Freeview.

Sky NEWS, they said.

They said news bulletins would be on Sky One instead because Sky News would no longer be on Freeview. But that doesn't make sense, because Sky One isn't on Freeview. The bulletins would need to be on Pick instead.

EDIT: Ah, I see they edited the post to add Sky One going on Freeview. That wasn't there originally.
Last edited by JAS84 on 15 December 2020 12:06am
JO
Jonwo
FBC posted:

If I never have to see any more Zoom based ads, I'd be happy.
JB
JasonB
Jonwo posted:
FBC posted:

If I never have to see any more Zoom based ads, I'd be happy.

Altogether now!
FB
FBC
FBC posted:

Must admit the Teams advert that appeared in March was annoying and put me off the product for life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZWdGUp2kOk

Much prefer Zoom myself.

Ah, so this is what PTSD feels like. :/
PF
PFML84
I've never seen a single ad for it, am I lucky?

Newer posts