The Newsroom

BBC News - Review of The Year 2020

A look back at the biggest stories of 2020 (December 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
Are BBC News doing any News Review of The Year for 2020 considering there has been one major story that has hit the world this year among others including Brexit, The England Rugby Team, Lewis Hamilton, The delay of the Olympics & The Euros until 2021.

I understand that BBC News are doing The Film Review - Review of The Year next Friday from 5:30pm on the NC.

It will be a special programme that will be reviewing all of the film releases that will be released in the lead up to Christmas (although the new film releases for Christmas might have be shown already since today) & earlier releases that were launched throughout 2020. It will be broadcast for 30 minutes. I'd say that Mark Kermode will probably give a very detailed analysis on how all cinemas have been affected by various government enforced closures in the UK because of Covid-19 since March of this year. I'd suspect the story of the cinemas being subjected to restricted opening hours continuing into 2021 will be a big focus as well even though the Pfizer vaccine has been released last Monday.
Last edited by bkman1990 on 12 December 2020 1:36am
AS
AlexS
Most of the normal review programmes are going ahead as normal. As well as the year in film which is supposedly scheduled for next Friday but may well end up broadcast at another time there is (as I'd have thought Boris is likely to do a briefing on the last Friday before Xmas);
The Year in Science with Rebecca Morelle (21/12 at 14:30)
The Coronavirus Pandemic with Hugh Pym (22/12 at 14:30)
The Business Year with Ben Thompson (22/12 at 20:30)
The Media Year with Amol Rajan (23/12 at 14:30)
We Remember (which is usually a montage) (Xmas Eve at 14:30)
The Year in Sport with Patrick Gearey (Xmas Eve at 17:30)
The Year in Politics with Leila Nathoo (Xmas Eve at 19:30)
and The Royal Year with Daniela Relph (Boxing Day at 03:30)
all of which are being repeated several times over the days over Xmas and should therefore see the light of day even if their original broadcast has to be changed due to developments around Corona or Brexit.
Last edited by AlexS on 12 December 2020 2:03am
BR
Brekkie
Not sure many people would want to relive this year.
SO
Soupnzi
Not sure many people would want to relive this year.

They can’t just review the nice years
BR
Brekkie
Have had a look through the regular channel schedules to see what comedic reviews might be on this year - can only see Frankie Boyle and the Big Fat Quiz, though that's been about it for a few years anyway. Was thinking someone might do a review of the year that wasn't - would be good to find out how we did in the Olympics.
GM
Gary McEwan
Have had a look through the regular channel schedules to see what comedic reviews might be on this year - can only see Frankie Boyle and the Big Fat Quiz, though that's been about it for a few years anyway. Was thinking someone might do a review of the year that wasn't - would be good to find out how we did in the Olympics.

Given that Frankie Boyle is as funny as toothache, I hope something else that's watchable will come along...
OC
Otis Crump

Given that Frankie Boyle is as funny as toothache, I hope something else that's watchable will come along...

I love Frankie Boyle. I think he's one of our best, and most devastatingly articulate, comedians.
Anglialad and Inspector Sands gave kudos

Newer posts