TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
iloveTV1
Josh posted:
To be honest and with all due respect I'm half-inclined to say who cares.

Moving back on topic now and I think it's quite an interesting change. The "Faves at 5" slot has been quite messy since it was launched. Originally it was for any type of show, then for dramas (yet non-dramas made it on) then it's back to variety now. I wish they'd pick something and stick to it. None of this musical chairs rubbish.
As for the reintroduction of TSoTB episodes, I'm not surprised. They've been talking about old shows quite frequently on their social media outlets and advertising them on iPlayer + reintroducing other old shows such as Trapped! and The Slammer.

Looking at the first week of the strand (w/c 3rd April 2017), it was all dramas at 5pm. This included moving new episodes of Wolfblood and 4 O’Clock Club to 5pm from 4.30pm. Of course, they don’t repeat last week’s episode at 4.30pm before the new episode, which was a little bit lazy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl9r/2017/w14

They have about 2 dramas in the bag currently because they haven’t filmed much over the past year (for obvious reasons), so it makes sense to drop the strand and make good use of what they have.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
To be honest and with all due respect I'm half-inclined to say who cares.

I would respond to this, Neil, similarly respectfully, and with deference to the fact that you're a much more long-term member of this site than I am, by saying that I think it's really poor form to post that kind of comment.
People like different things. I have no interest in a wide array of the threads on this site but I don't try to shut down the discussion, I just skip over what doesn't concern me.
If you have no interest in CBBC, then you can probably safely assume that the CBBC thread is not going to be your cup of tea, however, the people who are interested should be freely allowed to have their discussion.

I've posted an opinion on a valid point, which I am entitled to do and I have done so. Whether it was the right language/tone to use to express it is up for debate. Nobody's perfect and we're all wise after the event as it were.
JA
Jacq
Hi there,
I'm someone who is interested in TV presentation and idents and scheduling and stuff
I'm also a parent to a child who is making the transition from Cbeebies to CBBC, as well as one who is still firmly in Cbeebies territory/
These things merge in my life
I'm interested in that post, even if nobody else is.
Cheers,
Jacq x

10 days later

LN
LondonNewsBites
With all this stuff made from Warner Bros. coming in to CBBC, I think both the BBC and Warner have struck a deal.
Why?
I don't know really, are they trying to beat CITV at its own game?
JA
james-2001
Wouldn't be suprised if they're importing stuff to make up for delayed and cancelled productions due to covid.
LN
LondonNewsBites
Well, CITV are showing Scooby-Doo movies after CBBC showed Scooby-Doo! And The Samurai Sword.

Rivalry at it's finest.
JF
JetixFann450
Next you're gonna tell me the Animaniacs reboot is going to CBBC and not CITV, despite some of the jokes clearly going over children's heads.
JA
james-2001
Well CBBC did show Pinky and The Brain at one point.
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Well CBBC did show Pinky and The Brain at one point.

NARF!
JA
james-2001
TROZ

TV
TVVT
With all this stuff made from Warner Bros. coming in to CBBC, I think both the BBC and Warner have struck a deal.
Why?

It's not just CBBC. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air & Pretty Little Liars are also coming to BBC iPlayer in January.
LN
LondonNewsBites
TVVT posted:
Why?

It's not just CBBC. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air & Pretty Little Liars are also coming to BBC iPlayer in January.

So the whole corporation hasn't made this deal for the kids channels, its for the iPlayer too! And probably future airings of of above shows may happen on BBC Three (when it relaunches) (hopefully)
AndrewPSSP, TVVT and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos

Newer posts