TV Home Forum

The Masked Singer UK...2021

(November 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
iloveTV1
The BGT ITV Hub spin-off was really poor, just 3 auditions tacked together with no unique presenter or anything. Just content that didn’t fit into the main show.

Considering this has its own presenter, I hope this will be decent.
AS
Ash101
I always find ITV Hub isn’t much of a ‘destination’ for content, so exclusive shows must be their way of trying to change that.

BBC iPlayer & All4 have made an effort over the last few years to increase their content. Both with whole series dropping & even exclusive shows, especially over the last few months for 4 (and Fresh Prince from January on iPlayer!).

I don’t think spin offs are ITVs solution though. As others have said, you’d switch over to ITV2 for a quick look (and maybe stay the hour), but I can’t be arsed to search it out the next day
BR
Brekkie
It doesn't help that ITV are competing with themselves with BritBox, though it does seem from recent ads some dramas have come back to the ITV Hub (or at least ITV Hub+) that originally left the hub after 30 days and moved to BritBox.

Are reports tonight the identities have leaked after some of the audience kept around for the unveilings took no notice of the NDAs.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/masked-singer-rocked-leak-moles-23120055
SC
Score
Are reports tonight the identities have leaked after some of the audience kept around for the unveilings took no notice of the NDAs.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/masked-singer-rocked-leak-moles-23120055

Was always going to be the risk. Am I right in saying that they had to hand over their social media details if they were staying for the reveals? So presumably the only way they will leak onto Twitter etc is if someone they've told posts them, which can presumably be traced back.

I'd have no sympathy if anyone responsible for the leak got a big fine (as unlikely as that might be). If you sign an NDA you know what you are agreeing to.
HC
Hatton Cross
I thought the NDA only was for those in the audience for the final itself?
Keeping the indenities secret for S2 was always going to be more difficult than S1.

But, it is the inbuilt flaw with a format. With so many clues flying around in the previous 6-7 episodes, it was fairly easy to have a good idea of who were the final three singers were going into the final.
JA
james-2001
I hope they're more sparing with the clues this year, the internet had already worked out who most of them were after the first week, and the rest after the second.
JO
Jon
Since the story states some people have leaked, rather than saying who’s in the line up. I don’t think they’ve got too much to worry about.
itvblocks and Brekkie gave kudos
JO
Jon
I hope they're more sparing with the clues this year, the internet had already worked out who most of them were after the first week, and the rest after the second.

That was always part of the format though, if you didn’t learn a little more about the identities each week it would have been a lot less interesting.

I don’t think anyone was totally sure of the identities until they were revealed, I was convinced Katherine Jenkins character was being played by Sheree Murphy for weeks. Don’t forget BM11’s family had no idea who any of them were even after the reveal!
JA
james-2001
Jon posted:
Don’t forget BM11’s family had no idea who any of them were even after the reveal!

Apart from Skin... who BM11 insisted for weeks beforehand their parents would never have heard of, but they knew straight away who she was.
Whataday, itvblocks and Jon gave kudos

20 days later

IT
itvblocks
Today is the day of the first episode...Really hope ITV can build on what they had from Series 1.

The costumes look as great as ever too!
ZE
zeebre12
Just think as it's a bit of a gimmicky show interest will start to wane quite quick. Already starting to fade a bit in the US already.
BR
Brekkie
They've had 4 series and it's still doing decently enough - better than The Voice, Idol and DWTS by the looks of it.

Newer posts