TV Home Forum

Sky Arts goes FTA

Available on Freeview channel 11 from Sept. 17th

JO
Josh
Nice promo on Twitter for the move:

It looks like someone's bleached the Minions.
GO
gottago London London
Sky Arts' average day reach in its first Freeview week was 31,000 compared to 9,000 for the year before. Already four shows have broken the 100k mark in overnight ratings whereas before Freeview only two had this year.
LondonViewer and valley gave kudos

29 days later

GO
gottago London London
More evidence of the move to Freeview being a huge success.

valley and madmusician gave kudos
MA
madmusician Central (West) Midlands Today
Forgive my ignorance here - am I right in thinking (after a quick Google) that the Sky Arts catch-up service is still behind the Sky or NowTV paywall?
VA
valley
Forgive my ignorance here - am I right in thinking (after a quick Google) that the Sky Arts catch-up service is still behind the Sky or NowTV paywall?

Correct, Sky Arts in HD and all the On Demand section is still for Sky subscribers only.
TI
This Is Granada UTV
Sky Arts certainly benefits from being on EPG 11. Have Pick's' rating dropped off a cliff now it's on EPG 34?
Bring back the UTV! Bring back Julian & Gillian!
GO
gottago London London

It is but that 700k includes its highest ever overnight rating and presumably recordings.
Sky Arts certainly benefits from being on EPG 11. Have Pick's' rating dropped off a cliff now it's on EPG 34?

Having a look at BARB Pick doesn't seem to have been overly affected, the top shows still hovering between 200-300k. So it continues to looks like a move that's paid off for Sky.

23 days later

LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Worth noting that the Sky Arts Book Club which was originally commissioned for four episodes has been extended for another two weeks.

S1E5 was tonight from 5-7pm with the final episode of the series is next Sunday.

https://www.voice-online.co.uk/entertainment/tv/2020/11/13/lockdown-2-0-sky-arts-extends-sky-book-club-live/
JO
Jonwo
I've been enjoying Sky Arts, the various music specials and concerts are a real treat.
Roger Darthwell and London Lite gave kudos

20 days later

LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Behind the scenes at Sky Arts Book Club Live.

Newer posts