TV Home Forum

TV Breakdown Appreciation Thread

We'll return as soon as possible. (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Looking on iPlayer rewind, it appears Final Score started normally but quickly faded out and a few trails played, before the regular red breakdown slide appeared with apology from the announcer, and reading out tonight's schedule.
AA
aaron_scotland
Is it normal for them to be stuck on black for what felt like a minute? Seems to me even if playout fails there should be a way of throwing anything up.
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
What happened to BBC One this time?

watchingtv, paul_hadley and Curto21 gave kudos
BE
Bennyboy1984
This really seems to be a good year for those of us who like breakdowns Smile
paul_hadley and Curto21 gave kudos
RO
robertclark125
This really seems to be a good year for those of us who like breakdowns Smile

Can someone break down the breakdowns this year for us?! (Sorry, bad joke, couldn't resist!)
TI
TIGHazard

Guy sounded so nervous. Wonder if it was his first one.
JO
Josh
Shame that we didn't get to see the Christmas slide.
UN
Universal_r
I was thinking that, don’t they have one made? I’m sure I saw it somewhere.
SP
Steve in Pudsey

I guess there are likely multiple ways for the breakdown caption to get to air depending on the nature of the fault, this one seemed to be in the pres suite so may have restricted what was available to the Director.
IT
itvblocks

I guess there are likely multiple ways for the breakdown caption to get to air depending on the nature of the fault, this one seemed to be in the pres suite so may have restricted what was available to the Director.

That breakdown caption looks even nicer than the one they usually use.
BA
bilky asko

Guy sounded so nervous. Wonder if it was his first one.

Isn't he the person who's just moved over from ITV?
GE
thegeek Founding member

It's as if the director accidentally hit 'take next' a second time and the automation moved on to the next junction. I know ICE has its limitations, but isn't this the kind of situation where an emergency cut bus is your get-out-of-jail card?

Newer posts