The Newsroom

An Là Titles Refresh

(December 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
you know what. i had this feeling they would adapt the old Reporting Scotland titles but with Gaelic place names
Last edited by Ballyboy on 2 December 2020 10:03am - 2 times in total
NY
NYTV
For reference, here's the Seachd La titles

And the former An La titles
JL
J. Lyric
...Anyone else feel like it's high time for News to just get a new look entirely, or is it just me? Rolling Eyes
PE
Pete Founding member
...Anyone else feel like it's high time for News to just get a new look entirely, or is it just me? Rolling Eyes

no
JL
J. Lyric
Pete posted:

no

Fair enough.

I'm probably just overreacting.
BR
Brekkie

It's not just you. This look, especially in this incarnation, has never been right almost from launch The only part of this "new" title sequence is the brief moment it breaks away from being a circle on a white backdrop.
:-(
A former member
One small detail - in taking the Seachd La titles (which have also had the new box added) and amending them for An La, Washington on the cat's cradle has been replaced by New York (in Gaelic).
AL
AaronLancs
Going OT a bit, who produced the last titles? Was it centrally by the same lot who made the Arabic, Perian and Welsh versions.
RB
RedButton
It seems like the first titles were made by Lambrie-Naim and all the last batch of titles (including these ones but also, for example, programes like Afternoon live, The Briefing, etc..) were made on-house. They are trying to copy the original branding but failing in doing so.
JL
J. Lyric
It seems like the first titles were made by Lambrie-Naim and all the last batch of titles (including these ones but also, for example, programes like Afternoon live, The Briefing, etc..) were made on-house. They are trying to copy the original branding but failing in doing so.

Yes, the first batch of titles was made by Lambie-Nairn. It does seem like they're trying to replicate it - but not doing it well
BA
Ballyboy
sphere is nice though
GL
globaltraffic24
The whole programme needs a refresh - from titles to set. The set is AWFUL. A classic example of 'we have a small studio, so this is the best we can do'. It really isn't. They need to get a proper technical team up to Inverness to update set elements, address the stark lighting and deal with the poor picture quality. NRK Oddasat is a good example of where they should be aiming. The set is nothing special and has its issues, but it's in another league from An La.

Newer posts